• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
I almost wanted to put this in the Dems thread and say this was great news for my side.

9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... War on Terror.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... New York.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... Mayor.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... John McCain is best ready to serve in a post-9/11 world where 9/11 could happen any day of the week, especially on 9/11.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... War on Terror.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... New York.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... Mayor.... 9/11.... 9/11.... 9/11.... John McCain is best ready to serve in a post-9/11 world where 9/11 could happen any day of the week, especially on 9/11.

With all the friends we've mad the past eight years, I believe we should be even more diligent. Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Much like my son and History II in college.

nice to see the Democrats back in the Republican thread :lol:

it seems like there is a building momentum of panic. with hopes of a lack luster Giuliani speech dooming McCain.

guys, Barrack might lose this election. yes, the impossible election to lose. oh what fun it will be to see the fallout of this one if it happens. my favorite part will be the Clintons saying 'i told you so'. chaos ensues.

I am disappointed in the choice of keynote speakers because Rudy isn't the strongest family values guy out there. I would have prefered a starker contrast to the Edwards - CLinton morality plays. I also would have prefered someone who would have better moral conservative credentials.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
I am disappointed in the choice of keynote speakers because Rudy isn't the strongest family values guy out there. I would have prefered a starker contrast to the Edwards - CLinton morality plays. I also would have prefered someone who would have better moral conservative credentials.

I don't know much about the convention lineup, but I would imagine Hucakabee is going to have a prime time speech.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Those of you talking about Gu9ll1an1's creditentials are exactly right. I about puked when I heard this.

Well, here's the question we all need to ask. Do we have a high enough tolerance at this point in our lives to play a drinking game with Rudy's speech using 9/11 as one of the phrases?

I'm actually worried about casualties from that night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Well, here's the question we all need to ask. Do we have a high enough tolerance at this point in our lives to play a drinking game with Rudy's speech using 9/11 as one of the phrases?

I'm totally in. What's the criteria?

Depends on how we play. If you use an exact phrase, it may not be so bad. But I'm guessing Rudy G. has 1001 ways to say Obama will let the terrorists in, and will use them all. And some of it may be true.

i would easily survive

i've taken a shot for each bumper sticker slogan Obama used in a speech. trust me, it was an intense battle.

NICE!!!

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

"I think - I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told us in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where - I'll have them get to you."

The correct answer is at least four, located in Arizona, California and Virginia, according to his staff. Newsweek estimated this summer that the couple owns at least seven properties.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
...are we saying that Obama surrogates post in the Filibuster?

Come on guys, these 2 threads are so much better better when people talk about smart people stuff, and not this kind of bulls***.

Well, considering that the Senator brought it up himself today, I'd say 2k5 has a fair point (Remember this folks).

But the fact of the matter is that John McCain is offering more of the same. He said a while back that he thought that we had made great progress economically during the years that George Bush has been in office. Now, that raised some eyebrows. Great progress economically. Who is he talking to? And it turns out that you get a sense of who he's talking to because some of you saw the Saddleback Forum with Rick Warren. He was asked, well, who do you consider rich? And he thought about it for a second, I don't know. Maybe if you make $5 million. $5 million, then you're rich. Which means, I guess, if you're only making $3 million a year then you're middle class. I guess that's what he meant.

His top economic adviser said the other day that Americans should stop complaining; they’ve become a nation of whiners. That all these economic problems everybody is talking about is just a mental recession. And if you would just change your mind, everything would be okay. Somebody’s been laid off, their plant’s closed and gone to Mexico or China, change your mind. It’s all good. Then, yesterday, he was asked again, what do you think about the economy? He says, Well, I think the economy is fundamentally strong; said the economy is fundamentally strong. Now, this puzzled me. I was confused as to what he meant.

But then there was another interview – this is yesterday, same day – where somebody asked John McCain, how many houses do you have? And he said, I’m not sure. I’ll have to check with my staff. True quote. I’m not sure. I’ll have to check with my staff. So they asked his staff, and he said, at least four. At least four. Now, think about that. I guess if you think that being rich means you’ve got to make $5 million and if you don’t know how many houses you have, then it’s not surprising that you might think the economy was fundamentally strong. But if you’re like me, and you’ve got one house, or you are like the millions of people who are struggling right now to keep up with their mortgage so they don’t lose their home, you might have a different perspective. And by the way, the answer is John McCain has seven homes.

So there’s just a fundamental gap of understanding between John McCain’s world and what people are going through every single day here in America. And you don’t have to be – you don’t have to be a Nobel Prize Laureate economist. You just have to have a little bit of a sense of what ordinary people are going through to understand that we can’t afford eight more years or four more years or one more year of the same failed economic policies that George Bush has put in place.

Video:

...are we saying that Obama surrogates post in the Filibuster?

Come on guys, these 2 threads are so much better better when people talk about smart people stuff, and not this kind of bulls***.

Oh, and here's the ad out today from the campaign on the same issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1723336:date=Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:49 AM:name=lostfan)-->
<!--quotec-->...are we saying that Obama surrogates post in the Filibuster?

Oh, and here's the ad out today from the campaign on the same issue.

From the McCain campaign:

“Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people ‘cling’ to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?”

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
From the McCain campaign:

“Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people ‘cling’ to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?”

Well, that's better than the "I'm a POW and you can't be mean to me!" they tried earlier in the day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
Well, that's better than the "I'm a POW and you can't be mean to me!" they tried earlier in the day.

Why not? We all hear how Obama is black and we can't be mean to him. because it would be racist.