• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
the University of Illinois is paying John Edwards $65,000 to give a speech

what a bulls*** waste of school funds.

The sad thing is that his fee went up after he announced he had cheated on his wife.

Stay classy John, stay classy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
The sad thing is that his fee went up after he announced he had cheated on his wife.

Stay classy John, stay classy.

Really? Another reason for Mizzou to beat the crap out of U of I this weekend. (I'm headin there now)

So a question for the R voter people. ATH, no answers from you, I want to hear from the already decided McCain voters.

You've now had 24 hours to chew on Sarah Palin as a VP pick. Taking all the good and the bad together, how do you feel about your ticket right now? I get the feeling that if I were a Republican I'd be really nervous about that ticket, but I'm really not qualified to give an opinion from the side of someone who thinks McCain's a good candidate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
So a question for the R voter people. ATH, no answers from you, I want to hear from the already decided McCain voters.

You've now had 24 hours to chew on Sarah Palin as a VP pick. Taking all the good and the bad together, how do you feel about your ticket right now? I get the feeling that if I were a Republican I'd be really nervous about that ticket, but I'm really not qualified to give an opinion from the side of someone who thinks McCain's a good candidate.

You probably won't get a good answer from anyone here because no one likes McCain. :lol:

I haven't had time to read ANYTHING, but I'll give it a shot when I'm more "informed"...

My take on Palin. Im a huge fan of the pick and I think it is going to go a long way with winning McCain the election. Im not going to debate experience because it can start and stop with Palin and Obama dont have enough for the other parties liking. I think she will get at least 20% of the exiled Hillary supporters which is huge. She will keep the right wing conservatives because of her views of gun laws, gay marriage and abortion. She has union ties which will help a lot in the swing states as well.

The main thing I like about her is her attempt to stop corruption. Experience or not, having a political newcomer that is willing to take on the heads of her party in her state based on morality issues is a breath of fresh air. I would love to see what she can do running the senate. I also like that she came through on her campaign promises of lowering her salary and lowering property taxes 60%. She is also for drilling but is anti big oil which is something I think a lot of people should like.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
My take on Palin. Im a huge fan of the pick and I think it is going to go a long way with winning McCain the election. Im not going to debate experience because it can start and stop with Palin and Obama dont have enough for the other parties liking. I think she will get at least 20% of the exiled Hillary supporters which is huge. She will keep the right wing conservatives because of her views of gun laws, gay marriage and abortion. She has union ties which will help a lot in the swing states as well.

The main thing I like about her is her attempt to stop corruption. Experience or not, having a political newcomer that is willing to take on the heads of her party in her state based on morality issues is a breath of fresh air. I would love to see what she can do running the senate. I also like that she came through on her campaign promises of lowering her salary and lowering property taxes 60%. She is also for drilling but is anti big oil which is something I think a lot of people should like.

So how do you react to the state trooper firing deal?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
So how do you react to the state trooper firing deal?

The question is above my pay grade

Im reserving my judgment on it until more conclusive facts come out. I think her response to the allegations warrants that at least.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
The question is above my pay grade

Im reserving my judgment on it until more conclusive facts come out. I think her response to the allegations warrants that at least.

I'm in this camp too, for now.

I think that McCain picked her because he got EXACTLY the reaction he thought he would get...

Press on Friday:

McCain picks Palin...

Holy crap, she has NO experience (on and on and on and on)... oh wait a minute, we shouldn't be saying THAT!

It's actually a VERY smart play, if you think about it.

Anyway, more later. I need to get some sleep... took a pain pill 'cause I had a migraine, and now I think I can actually sleep tonight now. :)

I still owe Rex, etc. a looksie at the RSO speech. I said I'd watch it, so I will... :D

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)

My take? Obama sold out and picked McCain as his running mate, so McCain sold out and picked Obama as his running mate.

The Palin pick seems to be a pretty good one. It helps with some of the GOP base, puts a woman on the ticket, adds someone with at least some executive experience, and she has very high approval ratings. Of course, McCain isn't going to pick someone Obama voters will approve of, as nothing besides McCain dropping out of the race could appease them. I think the 'state trooper scandal' will be a big deal to the DailyKos and such, but not the average voter. Speaking of which, it seems the Dems are already launching attacks on the Palin family, really no surprise here.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/9b3375c7-6a27-4...04-b267282a1ce1

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/12.../137/486/580223

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
The Palin pick seems to be a pretty good one. It helps with some of the GOP base, puts a woman on the ticket, adds someone with at least some executive experience, and she has very high approval ratings. Of course, McCain isn't going to pick someone Obama voters will approve of, as nothing besides McCain dropping out of the race could appease them. I think the 'state trooper scandal' will be a big deal to the DailyKos and such, but not the average voter. Speaking of which, it seems the Dems are already launching attacks on the Palin family, really no surprise here.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/9b3375c7-6a27-4...04-b267282a1ce1

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/12.../137/486/580223

Haven't watched them, but BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL

and

scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal

That's all you are going to hear about her from the Dems. What a f***ing waste of time.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
Haven't watched them, but BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL BIG OIL

and

scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal scandal

That's all you are going to hear about her from the Dems. What a f***ing waste of time.

Well that nonsense is to be expected. But the stuff about how it's either not the governor's kid, it's her daughter's, or Alan Combes blaming the governor for the youngest's disabilities is low, even for the democrats.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Well that nonsense is to be expected. But the stuff about how it's either not the governor's kid, it's her daughter's, or Alan Combes blaming the governor for the youngest's disabilities is low, even for the democrats.

You're right, we usually just get shot by your fanatics.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)

But a very wise move of their part. Once again, Obama himself has nothing to do with it, while his minions and sychophants do all the dirty work for him digging in the sewers. Perfect policital arrangement.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
But a very wise move of their part. Once again, Obama himself has nothing to do with it, while his minions and sychophants do all the dirty work for him digging in the sewers. Perfect policital arrangement.

The best part about the rumor is that one of the main pictures they use for evidence is from 2006, and the baby was born in April of this year. Absolutely outstanding logic.

As for Nokona's post in here, well he's shown to be classless in more than a few of his posts, so that's no surprise.