**White Sox vs. Royals 7/10/08** 7:10pm, CSN

Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
I just never want to hear again that PK is good defensively. Swisher, in the last month, proved how awful PK really is.

I have stated that long ago on how he is nothing special on the defensive side. He can not make any tough plays and lets some easy ones look tougher then they really are.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
PK continues to swing like he's trying to figure things out at the plate. He should have stayed a few days longer in the minors, as he's worthless right now.

fathom he was swinging like this before he went on the DL, he changed his swing this year, and it sucks. He is a compelte and utter mess, If this guy comes out of spring training slumping its a 4 month ordeal. This team plays differently when he is out of the lineup. He is slowing them down. did I mention I hate him?

I hate this board sometimes.

You guys do realize that Konerko isn't solely responsible for the loss in this game right? The offense scored 1 run, and the bullpen didn't limit the damage, and Alexi also had his head up his ass on the relay.

Paulie did f*ck up bad, but to blame this loss solely on his shoulders is ridiculous.

We still won 2 out of 3.....we were in my opinion fortunate enough to do that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
No one has mentioned this, but Ozzie said Javy's velocity was way down last night, and they don't know why.

Maybe throwing that 121 pitch CG previous start had something to do with it. FWIW, I didn't think his velocity was "way down"... might have been slightly down. When I checked the radar gun in the first he was throwing his usual 91-93.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)

You guys do realize that Konerko isn't solely responsible for the loss in this game right? The offense scored 1 run, and the bullpen didn't limit the damage, and Alexi also had his head up his ass on the relay.

Paulie did f*ck up bad, but to blame this loss solely on his shoulders is ridiculous.

I mostly agree, but this whole game they were so lethargic at the plate! They showed no energy whatsoever.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
we over PK 2 1/2 more years for about $32 more million.

KW can't be too happy about this.

your right they will do everything they can to move him this offseason, even if it means getting little in return. We actaully just need him to hit like thome for awhile and demonstrate some power. Even if he hits 215 some teams will take a flier on a guy if he can hit for power. Right now he is doing nothing.

i can't convince myself that paulie is actually helping this team win games this year, his average is brutal, he rarely hits flyballs with guys on base (but when the bases are empty, he somehow finds the way to hit deep flyballs to opposite field, go figure), he's been hurt pretty much all season and his defense and speed are non-existant

i'd rather have a swish+ba combo at this point

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:36 AM)

If PK catches that, you have a 1-0 lead with 2 outs in the 8th. I'll take my chances.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
I mostly agree, but this whole game they were so lethargic at the plate! They showed no energy whatsoever.

Right. Notice the key words you used there.."they." Baseball is a team game. Always has been always will be.

We lost tonight because we didn't execute. Offensively and defensively.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)

The name of the game is to score more runs than the opponent, be it 1 or 11. If Konerko even tries to move an inch, we get out of it and improve our chances of winning the game dramatically.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)

i believe that if Paulie catches that ball a run would not have scored that inning. That is what I believe. Now that doesn't mean they would not have choked in the ninth but I will take my chances. He is paid well, and it was an easy catch.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
did you guys honestly think we were gonna beat them 1-0? i mean, seriously

Why do you find it unimaginable for a team with the 2nd best ERA in baseball to beat a terrible team in a 1-0 game? Was there something that occurred before Paulie's crappy play that made you think Mark was going to s*** his pants? We needed 5 more outs to win 1-0 and Mark was cruising.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Right. Notice the key words you used there.."they." Baseball is a team game. Always has been always will be.

We lost tonight because we didn't execute. Offensively and defensively.

Baseball is the least of any sports that use "Team" efforts to win. Where have you been the last 10 years.

Apparently you never played baseball in high school or college.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Maybe throwing that 121 pitch CG previous start had something to do with it.

No doubt. I was scratching my head wondering why he was still pitching the 9th in that one.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
Baseball is the least of any sports that use "Team" efforts to win. Where have you been the last 10 years.

How is baseball not a team game? Last time I checked if the ball is hit into play the pitcher doesn't field the ball and then run to first all single handedly does he?

What about sacrafice bunts, flys?

The examples are endless.

It's none of your business where I have been the last 10 years. I have been a lot closer to the game than the average joe. Let's just leave it at that. Unless of course you have any other questions.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
No doubt. I was scratching my head wondering why he was still pitching the 9th in that one.

Maybe Ozzie was shocked that Javy was actually effective, and just decided he would let him keep going. I mean, I was certainly shocked that Javy decided to pitch with a nutsack. Maybe Ozzie fainted when he saw the same thing. He passed out, hit his head, and the next thing you know, Javy's throwing a complete game.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
yes its baseball but that doesn't mean konerko is not to blame. I think that is the point of the bashing.

As I stated in my original post. Konerko f*cked up that play, but he's not solely responsible.

That's why in my mind he can't be single handedly blamed for this loss. Was he the main contribution to the loss? Yes. Was he the only contributor? No.

That's my stance.