Top 100 most awesomest places to live in the U.S.and A

shipps

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
Have the people that made that list ever been to Aurora?

hey watch it soxy, you're talking about the city of lights here.

this is in that sardonic tone.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
Are you from Alaska?

No, but I've been there. And it is the epitome of awesome. No hustle and bustle, beautiful scenery, and if you live in the southern part of the state (such as Anchorage), you can experience the beauty of Alaska as well as the "city-life." Job opportunities aren't exactly booming, and the financial aspect of it isn't great unless your in certain careers, but overall, its incredible.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
No, but I've been there. And it is the epitome of awesome. No hustle and bustle, beautiful scenery, and if you live in the southern part of the state (such as Anchorage), you can experience the beauty of Alaska as well as the "city-life." Job opportunities aren't exactly booming, and the financial aspect of it isn't great unless your in certain careers, but overall, its incredible.

Well good, because I've been there as well. :headbang Last year my parents and I did one of those cruises and we hit Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Victoria Canada. In 1 or 2 years I'd love to live in Juneau.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
It might not be that horrible but for it to be on this list is mind boggling

They're actually starting to do a lot to make the city "respectable." Not sure why i'm defending a city I can't wait to move out of next month.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
Well good, because I've been there as well. :headbang Last year my parents and I did one of those cruises and we hit Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, and Victoria Canada. In 1 or 2 years I'd love to live in Juneau.

Alaskan Cruise's don't even do the state justice. The inland parts are just as beautiful as the gorges and icebergs and glaciers. The entire Kenai Peninsula is amazing, and Denali is awesome too. There is a ginormous taige north of the Cook Inlet which has a road going right through it. It is something else to drive through. Nothing but trees packed tightly together, all the same height, for miles and miles on all sides and they're only inches off the road.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 02:15 AM)
Alaskan Cruise's don't even do the state justice. The inland parts are just as beautiful as the gorges and icebergs and glaciers. The entire Kenai Peninsula is amazing, and Denali is awesome too. There is a ginormous taige north of the Cook Inlet which has a road going right through it. It is something else to drive through. Nothing but trees packed tightly together, all the same height, for miles and miles on all sides and they're only inches off the road.

Don't worry, we were on the land for some time, too. Here are some pictures:

Mt. St. Helens from the plane flying into Seattle.

Rainforest in Juneau.

Northern Lights somewhere cruising Glacier Bay.

Nice scenery in Skagway

More nice Skagway scenery

As you can probably tell, Skagway was my favorite city.

When I saw the clouds in the trees, I thought I was in heaven.

Victoria is the capital of British Columbia, and this is the capital building at night.

Top of our cruise ship.

Saw Santana vs King Felix at Safeco. Beautiful park.

If you click on the picture on photobucket, it'll make it it's max in size so it's not all crunched up.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 02:27 AM)

Looks like quite the trip. I've got tons of pictures as well. And I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure those aren't the Northern Lights. That looks more like the sunset reflecting off the clouds. The Northern Lights are generally green with some purple sometimes. When I was up there, we flew threw the Northern Lights, which was awesome seeing at night through the window. Then we also saw it a couple times driving back from Homer to Anchorage in the middle of the night. Seeing the green floating around in the sky is something you never forget.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
Looks like quite the trip. I've got tons of pictures as well. And I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure those aren't the Northern Lights. That looks more like the sunset reflecting off the clouds. The Northern Lights are generally green with some purple sometimes. When I was up there, we flew threw the Northern Lights, which was awesome seeing at night through the window. Then we also saw it a couple times driving back from Homer to Anchorage in the middle of the night. Seeing the green floating around in the sky is something you never forget.

You could be right. The cruise director promised if he saw any whales or the northern lights he'd make an announcement. He could be wrong- he said Alaska wasn't his thing. :huh:

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
They're actually starting to do a lot to make the city "respectable." Not sure why i'm defending a city I can't wait to move out of next month.

Well when someone who lives in the city says its starting to become respectable it makes you think maybe it shouldnt be on the best places to live in the country list.