WINNER

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Buster Olney mentioned on Mike and Mike this morning that the Tigers are on the fence on whether to be buyers or sellers at the deadline since if they lose the next 3 games they'd be 9 games out of the playoffs in the loss column. I don't totally buy what Buster is selling but the thought of ending the Tigger's season in late July makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in side.

Who would they really trade besides Ivan and maybe Todd Jones?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
Who would they really trade besides Ivan and maybe Todd Jones?

Hence why I'm not really buying it. I suppose this series could determine whether they are buyers or stand pat but I can't see them selling off pieces.

We haven't had a game like this all year where we were behind, down to the last out (on two occasions) and hit a go ahead HR. I know there's still two months of baseball, but this win has made me think about playoff baseball.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Buster Olney mentioned on Mike and Mike this morning that the Tigers are on the fence on whether to be buyers or sellers at the deadline since if they lose the next 3 games they'd be 9 games out of the playoffs in the loss column. I don't totally buy what Buster is selling but the thought of ending the Tigger's season in late July makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in side.

Your going to listen to a guy that tore his calf playing doubles tennis with his 39 yr old wife, 8 yr old daughter and 74 yr old neighbor?!?! LOL

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Your going to listen to a guy that tore his calf playing doubles tennis with his 39 yr old wife, 8 yr old daughter and 74 yr old neighbor?!?! LOL

Yep. Cuz he is also a guy who has every GM in his cell phone and gets info first hand.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
Thanks Nostradamus.

Well, seriously...it's a good win, but I'm not smart enough to know how the team will respond to it. This team just hasn't sold me on it's cojones yet. The 05 team had me in like April. This one, there's just something about it...they need to show me something like how they respond to tonight before I start opening up to them.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
IMO, they'd be dumb not to deal some guys if we sweep them. That team is about as old as Father Time.

They're above .500, in a division that doesn't have a dominant team, and have an assload of talent. I don't see them throwing in the towel, even if we do sweep them.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
how was hawk's call of JD's dinger? Did it reach Alexei DP levels? That guy is going to blow a vessel on the air one day...

I didn't hear it. I was too busy screaming myself.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:22 AM)
love hearing those classy detroit fans booing their team off the field

at least they didn't throw a full coke at JD....i dont think he would have jumped in the stands though...

4. Detroit demoralized for the next 2 games

Sure hope so. That can happen sometimes. Did the fans really boo the Tigers off the field? That is huge. Was it after their final out or after JD homered and the half inning ended. Huge win. It sure would be nice to win Saturday and assure us of a series victory. It's just one game, White Sox. We got two more in Det and four in Minnie. One at a time. Let's win.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
love hearing those classy detroit fans booing their team off the field

After reading the game thread and having discussions on Sox fans booing Paulie, I wouldn't get too cocky in my evaluation of another team's fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Sure hope so. That can happen sometimes. Did the fans really boo the Tigers off the field? That is huge. Was it after their final out or after JD homered and the half inning ended. Huge win. It sure would be nice to win Saturday and assure us of a series victory. It's just one game, White Sox. We got two more in Det and four in Minnie. One at a time. Let's win.

I know for sure they were booing after the HR.