7/26 - SOX @ DET 6:05 PM CDT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Darin Erstad 7/26/07: .264/.311/.341

Orlando Cabrera 7/26/08: .268/.328/.355

To think, all we gave up was a starting pitcher and $8 million for this selfish player. If the Sox can get something at the deadline that they feel can help them more this year than the possibility of two draft picks (I'm hoping and assuming Cabrera rejects an arbitration offer,) I say they go for it.

Frankly...I think it's actually surprisingly hard to beat the value of those 2 draft picks in a trade for a guy without much time left on his contract.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)

To think, all we gave up was a starting pitcher and $8 million for this selfish player. If the Sox can get something at the deadline that they feel can help them more this year than the possibility of two draft picks (I'm hoping and assuming Cabrera rejects an arbitration offer,) I say they go for it.

OC had a brutal April. Erstad was actually pretty decent for a while, until he predictably got hurt.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
OC had a brutal April. Erstad was actually pretty decent for a while, until he predictably got hurt.

I thought I'd never have to point this out again...No he wasn't. At no point when he was with the Sox was he ever "decent". In april he put up a .261 batting average and .688 OPS, and his numbers only went down from there. He looked decent because the rest of the team was struggling so badly that a .261 batting average didn't look all that horrid. He was good for 1 day, when he hit that opening day home run.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
I thought I'd never have to point this out again...No he wasn't. At no point when he was with the Sox was he ever "decent". In april he put up a .261 batting average and .688 OPS, and his numbers only went down from there. He looked decent because the rest of the team was struggling so badly that a .261 batting average didn't look all that horrid. He was good for 1 day, when he hit that opening day home run.

Ok, "decent" wasn't the word I was going for. I mean he wasn't starting-caliber or anywhere near as good as all his strange fanboys thought he was, but he wasn't the worst player in MLB. I would've accepted that kind of production out of, say, the 8 spot, especially if you're not a starter (which Erstad should not have been).

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)

I guess things like OPS+ and RBI don't matter at all.

Edited by Maxwell

fugitive2.jpg

"I don't care."

OPS By Month:

Apr: .563

May: .678

June: .874

July: .597

June, not April, appears to be the outlier.

Send OC back to the OC