7/26 - SOX @ DET 6:05 PM CDT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess things like OPS and RBI don't matter at all.

If you can do basic math you can see Cabrera is beating Erstad by a whopping 31 points. That's not worth the price we paid to get him

Cabrera has 44 RBI's in 411 at-bats

Erstad had 21 RBI's in 182 at-bats at the time.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
If you can do basic math you can see Cabrera is beating Erstad by a whopping 31 points. That's not worth the price we paid to get him

I meant OPS+.

Great, so he contributed what again via rbis? He gets excused because he was injured (predictably)?

Edited by Maxwell

I can't believe this someone is trying to compare OC and Erstad

Former gold glove winner, "baseball player" (not my words,) came from the Angels, the GM had an eye on both of them for a long time, similar hitting style, similar offensive results.

Why is that so silly? They're both free swinging hackers whose defense is overrated. The only difference is Erstad is supposedly one of the best guys in the clubhouse and Cabrera has picked fights in the dugout, called the press box, and pubically talked crap about another MLB player that he has a rivalry with (Renteria)

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)

Better than Renteria ( a lot of people here wanted him instead.)

Edited by rangercal

I meant OPS+.

Great, so he contributed what again via rbis? He gets excused because he was injured (predictably)?

Nothing. They both suck. Why in the world are you evaluating a leadoff hitter on OPS+ and RBI's?

Big K there. Lookin' at the replay...I'm not blaming AJ because it was a complete s*** pitch...but he really didn't get out and down (with his glove down) to smother it. Either way....HUGE K!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get some more runs!!!!!!!