Sox @ Twins 7-28

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
You know what I don't get....why isn't Uribe starting today? The Sox organization always talks about how he can carry a team when hot, and he seems to be hitting pretty good lately. Also, he had success in the past against Slowey, IIRC. Also, why did Ozzie let Javy pitch to Miguel Cabrera with an open base yesterday? Oh well, this team has to play better, end of story.

Needed to get something off your chest? haha

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
You know what I don't get....why isn't Uribe starting today? The Sox organization always talks about how he can carry a team when hot, and he seems to be hitting pretty good lately. Also, he had success in the past against Slowey, IIRC. Also, why did Ozzie let Javy pitch to Miguel Cabrera with an open base yesterday? Oh well, this team has to play better, end of story.

Did you see some of the hacks Uribe was taking yesterday? It was awful.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:31 AM)
If you really believe Swisher would have continued his hot streak if he remained at first base, you are crazier than I thought. He's 0 for his last 15 with 6 k's. If Konerko shouldn't be playing, neither should he. Sorry to say, he's been a huge dissappointment.

Nick Swisher has been a huge bust. The only thing I've been impressed with by him is his defense at 1st base.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
SO did Geoff Blum lets go get him. Stop living in the past, this Konerko is hitting for less power than OC.

Neither Konerko or Swisher should be getting the free pass that they are. The thing about Swisher is he cost the Sox a player that is doing better than he is plus to pitchers one of which wold look good on the trtade market right now. The money I am not concerned about.

This team's defense is really bad right now, not that I am tellign anyone anything new.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
And this is why they usually pass us in August, and we sit home. We are just behind Texas for most errors committed. s***ty defense + homer only offense + pitching starting to get into a funk = usual PASB Whitesox Baseball Catch the fever.

Chat

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Konerko has 2 walks since coming off the DL. Swish has 15 in that time frame.

Wow, a guy with 6 career steals whose biggest offensive weapon is a walk. Face it, if Konerko or Thome performed the exact same way Swisher has, the vultures would be calling for their releases. For some reason Swisher gets a huge pass on this board, just like Vazquez, although the tide is starting to turn on Javy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
If you really believe Swisher would have continued his hot streak if he remained at first base, you are crazier than I thought. He's 0 for his last 15 with 6 k's. If Konerko shouldn't be playing, neither should he. Sorry to say, he's been a huge dissappointment.

I can't argue with the numbers, but it just seems that Nick has way better ABs than Paulie, even when he makes outs, which is obviously more often than not.

We are also better defensively with Swish at 1B and BA in center.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
I can't argue with the numbers, but it just seems that Nick has way better ABs than Paulie, even when he makes outs, which is obviously more often than not.

yeah, Swish sees a crapload of pitches in each at bat

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)

Because Swisher sees a lot of pitches per at bat, which gets him a lot of walks, I see your point.

Ditto on the 1B with Swish

Go f*** yourself Hawk. You are a coward.

Just the biggest whiner and excuse maker ever. He would make for one hell of a s***ty baseball coach, could you imagine?

No one can every play or pitch over anything. Concentrate on something else and inform the viewers the reason we're down 5-0. Hint: Not one f***ing call.