Sox @ Twins 7-28

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Swish is still hitting and getting on base better than Konerko.

Whatever. Konerko brought us a world title. I know he sucks now, but without him we dont have a flag. Swisher didn't bring us crap except a depleted farm system.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Konerko needs to run his mouth to the 1B Ump so he can get tossed :)

NICE PLAY ALEXEI! Hahahahah, hilarious.

I'm a hot head when I play anything, on that bad call I would of been tossed after I tossed my glove and hat in anger.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Whatever. Konerko brought us a world title. I know he sucks now, but without him we dont have a flag. Swisher didn't bring us crap except a depleted farm system.

SO did Geoff Blum lets go get him. Stop living in the past, this Konerko is hitting for less power than OC.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
Swish is still hitting and getting on base better than Konerko.

Since Konerko has come off the DL, Paulie is hitting a pathetic .218 coming into tonight. Swisher, during that same time period, is hitting .180. Yeah, he' still hitting alright. :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Is that 6 errors for Ramirez since the ASB?

Worst part is that the runner flew by the base. If the ball was even close to the bag, he could have tagged him. ARam has become a liability lately on D. I know he makes some great plays, but he can't be out there in a playoff game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
you have to laugh. it's been like this since 2000. A house of f***ing horrors.

And this is why they usually pass us in August, and we sit home. We are just behind Texas for most errors committed. s***ty defense + homer only offense + pitching starting to get into a funk = usual PASB Whitesox Baseball Catch the fever.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
so did Uribe but he got benched. and he is having a better year than Paulie. Edited by earthshiner

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Since Konerko has come off the DL, Paulie is hitting a pathetic .218 coming into tonight. Swisher, during that same time period, is hitting .180. Yeah, he' still hitting alright. :lolhitting

Ah, so since swish moved from 1B he is in a slump.....Good to know the team is better with Kong out, thanks for verifying that.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Every penny you and I have. Unless the MLB now plays 5 inning games, it's not over.

lol, the game is over dude. 5-0 now with 0 outs

unless they're giving us about 14 innings to play catch up.

You know what I don't get....why isn't Uribe starting today? The Sox organization always talks about how he can carry a team when hot, and he seems to be hitting pretty good lately. Also, he had success in the past against Slowey, IIRC. Also, why did Ozzie let Javy pitch to Miguel Cabrera with an open base yesterday? Oh well, this team has to play better, end of story.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Ah, so since swish moved from 1B he is in a slump.....Good to know the team is better with Kong out, thanks for verifying that.

If you really believe Swisher would have continued his hot streak if he remained at first base, you are crazier than I thought. He's 0 for his last 15 with 6 k's. If Konerko shouldn't be playing, neither should he. Sorry to say, he's been a huge dissappointment.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:28 AM)

Konerko has 2 walks since coming off the DL. Swish has 15 in that time frame.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
Seriously, enough with the errors already. WTF is this all about? This team is really pissing me off.

Most of those errors are from Crede+Alexei, the error to Josh tonight was bull**** too.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Worst part is that the runner flew by the base. If the ball was even close to the bag, he could have tagged him. ARam has become a liability lately on D. I know he makes some great plays, but he can't be out there in a playoff game.

SoxTalk has lost its collective mind.