THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

IMO this team will go as the offense goes the rest of the year. Seems like the pitching will continue to be good but not great, but if the offense can pick up some slack then they will win 90 or so and that will be enough.

Great game tonight, only go to see it after most of the fun had happened. Q! Alexei! Swisher and PK had an impact as well, good to see.

Q continues to amaze, this guy might not be the league's MVP, but he's the Sox' MVP, with JD taking a close runner up.

Buster Olney just said the Sox offered Orlando Cabrera to the A's for Street. I dont know who else has posted that but interesting.

For the Manny trade, the Pirates got raped, unless that prospect they got from the Red Sox is SS Jed Lowrie, and I dont know who they would get from the Marlins.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
Buster Olney just said the Sox offered Orlando Cabrera to the A's for Street. I dont know who else has posted that but interesting.

For the Manny trade, the Pirates got raped, unless that prospect they got from the Red Sox is SS Jed Lowrie, and I dont know who they would get from the Marlins.

First off- I didn't hear him say it was offered.

Secondly- The Manny trade isn't official yet, settle down.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)

hmm ... didnt know i was all up in arms over it .. thanks though

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)

I would not have liked that trade at all. The whole point of the Cabrera deal was to have him be a mercenary and to get the 2 draft picks when he leaves in FA. Well, he can't leave in FA if he's not with the team anymore. And Street has lost his edge this season, not sure how that trade helps the club this year, let alone down the road.

[Edit] I just took a look at Streets stats, seems he's been a victim of mostly bad luck this year and is still only 24 (did not know that at all). I would have traded O-Cab for him straight up with that info at hand, looks like Beane was too smart for that one though.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (rudylaw @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
This game was a perfect example of what we need to do to win. It's all about the pitching. It does not matter if Paulie does not hit. It does not matter if Swish does not hit. All that matters is that our starters pitch well. If they do we will go to the playoffs and we could go a long way.

Uh, and score 8 runs? Baseball is about outscoring the opponent, doesn't matter how it's done. I think that's a gross oversimplication.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)

No, he said "the A's and Sox are talking about Street.......and the Sox have offered OC out there blah blah Dogers interested"

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
No, he said "the A's and Sox are talking about Street.......and the Sox have offered OC out there blah blah Dogers interested"

oh alright, thanks .. thats what half listening will do

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
Why in the universe would Oakland want two months of Cabrera, while giving up their 24 year old closer, when they have absolutely zero chance at the playoffs this year? They wouldn't. Less than a non-story.

1. They have Brad Ziegler

2. I believe Street could leave after 2009.

3. OC brings them two high draft picks.

That's life as a mid market team. Now this deal isn't going to happen, but that is why it's not illogical to bring up.

Edited by whitesoxfan101