7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 03:43 AM)
It's bulls*** that we walk into the metrodome defeated. You can tell as the Twins started to do well today that everyone was looking around as if they were waiting for them to come back to get us. I remember one of our young pitchers being interviewed, I can't remember which, but he was talking about how players had told him of all the things that happen to us at the metrodome. This team needs to act like a first place team. Hawk said it perfectly that we were a team that was behind even when we were in the lead.

I'm just grateful that Mauer's rocket in the 4th inning was positioned perfectly by OC last night, or else who knows how big of an inning that might have been.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Hanrahan would have been a tremendous pickup. Again, I won't blame Kenny because I still think this team has the ability to get its s*** together. They aren't this bad of a defensive team, at least the infield isn't or shouldn't be. THe outfield, well f***, with Griffey it will be a bit ugly.

The pen needs to get its s*** together as does the defense. Hopefully the offense can stay on its relative roll and help ease things. That said, we knew the pitching staff would slump and some point and now I think the key is hoping Griffey can provide a spark as will the return of Count (who apparently is looking very good now that he's healthy and that would be a major lift) and Linebrink (if he comes back healthy, this will be HUGE). On top of that Crede is apparently feeling very good and will be a significant upgrade over that over-rated prospect named Josh Fields (I can call him that since I've said that about him since day one practically). Hell, I think I was the only guy not raving about him last season.

I never thought he was legit either, although I still like the guy and hope he can learn how to not strike out every other at-bat.

Game's not over yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
I won't blame KW cuz it sounded like he was trying to get relief help. Sounded like he was linked to about 4 or 5 names. Still has another month.

Exactly, he tried. It's not like he can just hit a button and pull off a trade. If he did get someone, I bet more than half the board would b**** about who he gave up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
I won't blame KW cuz it sounded like he was trying to get relief help. Sounded like he was linked to about 4 or 5 names. Still has another month.

I agree, it seems as if he pursued relief help aggressively. He wasn't willing to overpay for it which I also praise him for, that's what the market was banking on. It will help us in the future that no one overpaid for relief help this year, it well set the market.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
It's bulls*** that we walk into the metrodome defeated. You can tell as the Twins started to do well today that everyone was looking around as if they were waiting for them to come back to get us. I remember one of our young pitchers being interviewed, I can't remember which, but he was talking about how players had told him of all the things that happen to us at the metrodome. This team needs to act like a first place team. Hawk said it perfectly that we were a team that was behind even when we were in the lead.

So true. It starts with our f***ing manager and permeates the entire f***ing organization all the way up to the dumbs*** TV announcer. Show some pride, chickenf***ers. Don't walk in there waiting for something bad to happen. Tonight, when Mauer knocked in a run, Hawk was about to die. You can bet half our team was, too. Jesus. Big f***ing deal. It's baseball. Mauer's good. Deal with it and play the f***ing game. I'm so tired of the attitude we have up there.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Game's not over yet.

3 run lead with Nathan looming? Even if we got people on base in the 8th we'd just bring in that thing, and we're usually lucky if we get 1 off of him on a solo shot.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
I never thought he was legit either, although I still like the guy and hope he can learn how to not strike out every other at-bat.

Game's not over yet.

Now Gavin Floyd on the other hand. I was one of the few that was raving about him back when he was down in the minors. Not gloating though because he's still got a lot to prove, but thus far you really got to tip your cap and hand it to Gavin for doing a nice job all season long.

Great way to start things of CQ. Time for the Sox to quit b****ing and being afraid and battle back. The Twins did it today, why can't the Sox come on back.

LETS GO WHITE SOX!!!!

Hell, I see Paulie coming up with a big pinch hit tonight. Quick someone, get me into the insane asylum.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 02:49 AM)
Now Gavin Floyd on the other hand. I was one of the few that was raving about him back when he was down in the minors. Not gloating though because he's still got a lot to prove, but thus far you really got to tip your cap and hand it to Gavin for doing a nice job all season long.

Great way to start things of CQ. Time for the Sox to quit b****ing and being afraid and battle back. The Twins did it today, why can't the Sox come on back.

LETS GO WHITE SOX!!!!

Hell, I see Paulie coming up with a big pinch hit tonight. Quick someone, get me into the insane asylum.

If only they still had Eddie Guardado