7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
Did Hawk basically just call Griff washed up?

If he is washed up what does that say about Konerko. Griffey has been better at the plate than Konerko each of the last two years. And the same goes for Swisher actually.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
If he is washed up what does that say about Konerko. Griffey has been better at the plate than Konerko each of the last two years. And the same goes for Swisher actually.

When your 39 and had a ton of injuries its possible you are washed up. When your 32 and 27 its called a bad year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
When your 39 and had a ton of injuries its possible you are washed up. When your 32 and 27 its called a bad year.

Worded that poorly for Swisher as I am not saying that Swisher is washed up. Just saying that if Griffey is washed up and is still out producing Konerko and Swisher they must really suck. Fact is that Griffey has been better than Swisher each of the last 2 years and he posted a .868 OPS last year. He shouldn't be an everyday CF but he has been hitting very well lately and with the way Konerko has been hitting Griffey is certainly a better option at the plate.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)

Who is going to hit better over the last 2 months of this season? This season right now. Konerko or Griffey. My opinion is Griffey.

Also, all of those guys will play (with Anderson/Wise being the odd man out). 6 guys for 5 positions (OF, 1B, DH). If they played the entire year like that, each guy would get 135 starts. 135 starts. Whoever's playing well and hitting should be in the lineup.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Who is going to hit better over the last 2 months of this season? This season right now. Konerko or Griffey. My opinion is Griffey.

I think so too actually. Here's some of Griff's numbers against the current pitching staffs of the Twins and Tigers.

Ken Griffey Jr. vs.

Tigers, Twins Pitchers

Category Vs. Twins Vs. Tigers

BA .364 .306

HR 5 2

RBI 7 8

Slg 1.091 .468