Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
Colt McCoy is WAY more valuable to his team than Tim Tebow, not to mention he had a better season. I'd be surprised if Bradford doesn't win though, as this is more of an MOP award than MVP.

They dont lead like Tebow does. He LEADS.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Who should he have been invited over?

They can invite up to 5 people. But yes, it's a gigantic joke that Harrell wasn't invited. About par for the course for TTU this year.

Here's what Leach had to say.

"If Graham is not invited to the Heisman, they ought to quit giving out the award," Leach said in a statement released by the school. "It is a shameless example of politics ruling over performance. The other guys are deserving, but he has earned a place alongside them."

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 10, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Who should he have been invited over?

Tim Tebow. Harrell has better numbers than he does, teams both have one loss. If you dont want to take "God" out of the running then Harrell should have been the 4th. TT undoubtedly has less talent than Oklahoma, Texas and Florida, yet Harrell lead them to their best record ever, a tie in the B12 south for first and put up gaudy numbers.

Harrell: 4747 yds 71.5 CMP% 41TD 7INT 163 RAT (6 rushing TD's) since I know thats Tebows "big" benefit

Bradford 4464 yds 68.3 CMP% 48TD 6INT 186.29 RAT (5 rushing TD's)

McCoy 3445 yds 77.6 CMP% 32TD 7INT 179.20 RAT (576 yards rushing 10TD)

Tebow 2515 yds 64.9 CMP% 28TD 2INT 176.74 RAT (564 yards rushing 12TD)

Which one doesnt belong?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Harrell: 4747 yds 71.5 CMP% 41TD 7INT 163 RAT (6 rushing TD's) since I know thats Tebows "big" benefit

Bradford 4464 yds 68.3 CMP% 48TD 6INT 186.29 RAT (5 rushing TD's)

McCoy 3445 yds 77.6 CMP% 32TD 7INT 179.20 RAT (576 yards rushing 10TD)

Tebow 2515 yds 64.9 CMP% 28TD 2INT 176.74 RAT (564 yards rushing 12TD)

Which one doesnt belong?

But, but, he's TIM TEBOW. He is God! None shall question his greatness.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
Harrell: 4747 yds 71.5 CMP% 41TD 7INT 163 RAT (6 rushing TD's) since I know thats Tebows "big" benefit Leadership rating=88.4

Bradford 4464 yds 68.3 CMP% 48TD 6INT 186.29 RAT (5 rushing TD's) Leadership rating 76.9

McCoy 3445 yds 77.6 CMP% 32TD 7INT 179.20 RAT (576 yards rushing 10TD) Leadership rating 92.1

Tebow 2515 yds 64.9 CMP% 28TD 2INT 176.74 RAT (564 yards rushing 12TD) Leadership rating 35468573920184747583.21

Which one doesnt belong?

Fixed for accuracy

Wow I had no idea Tebow's numbers were that poor. I was kind of iffy on him being in New York but figured whatever since he won last year, but after seeing those numbers, you guys are right Harrell not there over Tebow is an absolute crime.

By the way, it was announced yesterday that Illinois and NIU will play at Champaign in September of 2010. http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../121008aaa.html

I'm a bit surprised that the two don't play more often in football, although I really don't enjoy when they play against each other in anything. I'll be at the game though, that's for sure.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
Wow I had no idea Tebow's numbers were that poor. I was kind of iffy on him being in New York but figured whatever since he won last year, but after seeing those numbers, you guys are right Harrell not there over Tebow is an absolute crime.

By the way, it was announced yesterday that Illinois and NIU will play at Champaign in September of 2010. http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../121008aaa.html

I'm a bit surprised that the two don't play more often in football, although I really don't enjoy when they play against each other in anything. I'll be at the game though, that's for sure.

Illinois teams should face off more often. Although the national pundits dont like it much, Tressel has always been good about giving in state teams a chance to make some cash playing OSU. I hope Illinois does the same thing for some of the other schools in state.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
Mr. Tebow meet Mr. Hansbrough.

you both have no professional futures.

:lol: So true...

I can't wait until Tebow sucks in the pros and he drops off the face of the earth. As a Tennessee fan with Florida being our biggest rival, all the "Tim Tebow is god" talk is worse than any of you can imagine.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
:lol: So true...

I can't wait until Tebow sucks in the pros and he drops off the face of the earth. As a Tennessee fan with Florida being our biggest rival, all the "Tim Tebow is god" talk is worse than any of you can imagine.

I feel your pain...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)

Yea, I was glad to hear this. The reason the Illini didn't want anyting to do with NIU the last few years is because the Illini were bad while NIU was having a lot of success. Both teams should be in good shape by 2010 though, can't wait.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
Yea, I was glad to hear this. The reason the Illini didn't want anyting to do with NIU the last few years is because the Illini were bad while NIU was having a lot of success. Both teams should be in good shape by 2010 though, can't wait.

Really? I think that as a Big Ten team the Illini should pretty much own every other team in Illinois on the football field with the exception (sometimes) of Northwestern.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
Really? I think that as a Big Ten team the Illini should pretty much own every other team in Illinois on the football field with the exception (sometimes) of Northwestern.

Illinois was as bad as any program in the country Turner's last couple of years and Zook's first couple of years.