GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0 LOL

Hey guys, I think I was over-confident a few days ago when I said we should win this division

Detroit could easily pass us in the standings in about 2-3 weeks, no doubt. Not with this starting rotation or bullpen.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
5-0 LOL

Hey guys, I think I was over-confident a few days ago when I said we should win this division

Detroit could easily pass us in the standings in about 2-3 weeks, no doubt. Not with this starting rotation or bullpen.

Detroit isn't going to pass us because they aren't any good, and you are right to say we SHOULD win the division. Just like we probably should have in 2003 and 2006. Thing is, we tend to never win when it's a close race. I think more and more by the day that our farm system is a big reason too, because as I said a second ago, you need farm system help during the dog days of July and August when people are hurt/need rest, and the Twins get it every year while we don't.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Can't believe I am hoping Contreras gets back soon.

11.81 ERA

Why can't we EVER seem to produce a decent starting pitcher??? It seems that we should be able to find a starting pitcher more than once a decade (Mark Buehrle).

That error may have bitten Richard, but Gload would not have been out if we got Olivo ... the score would just be 4-0 instead ... but yeah Richard was hyped up a bit too much ... i think we did the Olympic team a favor by taking him off their roster

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
11.81 ERA

Why can't we EVER seem to produce a decent starting pitcher??? It seems that we should be able to find a starting pitcher more than once a decade (Mark Buehrle).

Because the pitchers in our minor league system have terrible stuff?

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
That error may have bitten Richard, but Gload would not have been out if we got Olivo ... the score would just be 4-0 instead ... but yeah Richard was hyped up a bit too much ... i think we did the Olympic team a favor by taking him off their roster

Hyped by who?