8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
anything less than 3 runs in the bottom of the 14th would severely hurt our pitching staff for about a week

Weird deal. Logan, Carrasco and Dotel were outstanding. So was Thornton, until he was left in to die by the manager who was managing for the 19th inning. I just hope that Matt's confidence is back and that the long outing doesn't mess him up too much going forward. He looked great.

Posted that Cora would make us miss Ozzie. Not PRing Wise. Leaving Russell in to face Polcano, letting Uribe bat so many times, leaving Jr in field (even though it hasn't hurt us in the extras).

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 05:44 AM)
Does anyone else believe if the Twins had a comeback like ours to tie the game, they'd go scoreless through the 14th inning and give up a two-run HR in the top frame? I wouldn't.

They have contact hitters and Ron Gardenhire.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)
They want to make him a starter for next year. From what I've seen out of him, that's an idiotic decision.

It is Seattle.

They're not going anywhere. They may as well see if he can start and give them a cheap option.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
Does anyone else believe if the Twins had a comeback like ours to tie the game, they'd go scoreless through the 14th inning and give up a two-run HR in the top frame? I wouldn't.

Nope cuz the game would've been done in the 9th or 10th.

Alright, no better time for a first post than now. Let's be the devil's advocate. Everyone is complaining about HR ball and not being able to move over runners and such, but how did the Tigers just get the lead? f***ed up a bunt attempt and then hit a 2 run bomb. Just saying...

Although I do agree there is absolutely no reason Wise shouldn't have run for Griffey.