8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
What a joke Griffey is defensively. He couldn't even bend over for a ball. Hasn't done much offensively, either.

But...but... I thought everything would turn around on the homestand?! How there is only one run on the board against Robertson is embarrassing. Especially with the opporutnities we've had.

This isn't a team that looks like it should be in first place anytime soon.

That's why I was a big supporter of going youth in the offseason. Hoping Kenny really goes that route. I really wouldn't mind seeing young guys with some upside go through growing pains instead of the same s*** week after week.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
I hope someone keeps track of the triples we allow when Griffey Jr's in CF compared to when Swisher/Anderson/Wise are out there.

His last year in CF in Cincinatti, he played 100 games there. The batting average for balls in play while he was playing CF was 60 points higher than when he was not. It could be all coincidence, then again, maybe not, and it was 2 years ago. He hasn't become more nimble.

Our pitchers are just losing focus. It seems like we have given up more 1-2, 0-2 hit in the past week than I can ever remember.

Or we go 0-2, screw around, get the count full and walk guys.