HOLY s*** WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Steve9347

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
I am disappointed that I have to be the one to post this....

THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD.

[wags finger]

Big, big win. Ozzie does it again. These guys are fun.

I post it everytime via signature :)

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
Couldn't agree more. Games threads are generally no longer enjoyable.

It certainly wasn't much fun in late 06 and early 2007 when the optimists and pessimists/realists crashed and clashed over the White Sox over and over again...the White Sox were so good for a season and a half, you wondered if it was a fluke, if what happened was actually reality.

We went 99-63, 11-1 and then 26 games over .500 at the All-Star break after an improbable comeback against Papelbon...then it all started to go south, including Jenks and the pitching, so it was beginning to feel like 2003 and 2006 all over again to me.

As bad as the two Twins' "4-0 lead" losses were, just as improbable were the two Tigers' comeback wins on Friday and last night. Detroit is now 7.5 games back, and I just don't know what to make of this team. Since the Tigers swept us in DET after we swept the Twins, they've only gained 1/2 game.

These Sox definitely have the never say die attitude, but it's not like we've had a huge amount of amazing comebacks or 1-2 run wins...like the 2001-2004 teams, as well as 06 (I think we must have beaten every closer that first half) and 07, we have too many blowouts both ways, but lots of inconsistency.

In 06 and 07, the refrain was injuries and that everyone was simply getting old at the same time (Contreras, Konerko, Dye, Thome, AJ, to name a few), that our young prospects simply weren't that good (Fields/Anderson, not to mention the infamous Andy Gonzalez and Richar, too) and our bullpen was bordering on atrocious.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well we compete with BOS, NYY and TB over the next stretch...it will be interesting.

I may be in the minority here, but I thought Gavin looked good last night, but was the victim of some ridiculous hits and bad defense. I honestly dont think I've seen Polanco hit a HR since he has played for the Tigers. Granderson's shot was a hell of a swing, but the extra RBI was on Renteria throwing the bat into the field. The 5th run was an error on Griff that they called a triple. Gavin looked to be on at times, especially with his change and curve, but it was just one of those games where you wear it no matter how good your stuff is.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
This is absolutely true. I am generally known (accurately) as a negative poster, and even I try to avoid most game threads due to the negativity.

We have a first place team that was picked to be a fourth place team, and yet we still have oppresive negativity in the game threads. It's unreal. I just cannot understand the way some so-called fans think.

Oh, and let me add ... we are in first place and it's now August.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:50 AM)
We have a first place team that was picked to be a fourth place team, and yet we still have oppresive negativity in the game threads. It's unreal. I just cannot understand the way some so-called fans think.

Oh, and let me add ... we are in first place and it's now August.

I don't even post in the game threads, but I feel I should say this. At least the people in the game threads are posting about the team. It seems that all of your posts are just complaints about the current state of Soxtalk and the majority of posters on it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
I don't even post in the game threads, but I feel I should say this. At least the people in the game threads are posting about the team. It seems that all of your posts are just complaints about the current state of Soxtalk and the majority of posters on it.

I will not even dignify this with response.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
LOL where are Cabrera's legs in the 2nd picture?

i have NO idea

actually I do. I photoshopped those images, the sox didn't REALLY win last night.

man, I totally fooled all of Soxtalk ;)

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
Was Griffey part of the mass celebration at home plate? I couldn't see him.

he stayed out of the jumping pile.. but was right there high fiving everyone afterwards... we can't risk him getting injured in that mobbing ;)

Griffey is in the middle of the pile wearing a helmet, his helmet falls off...

Rewatch the tape again, but 17 is in the middle.

(Edit)

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...detmlb_chamlb_1

Using that link watch the "Nick Swisher walk off" replay.

At 25 seconds you see "Gri" at 26 seconds you see a 17.

Contreras (I believe its him) has his hand on Griffey's back.

Edited by Soxbadger

Awesome game...too bad my fiance made me turn it off after the 10th, I had tickets for this game also but gave them to a friend because got in on a late flight the night before. I would have been more pissed if we went to the game and left (had to get up at 5:30am) so I guess there is some positive.

Lets keep it going, and hope the twins keep sucking it up in Seattle. Lets make it through the Boston series in 1st Place.

We need to build up a lead so the final series in MN isn't an issue.