Royals Vs Sox - Part Deux - 7:11pm CSN

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Yes Balta, but he's a good fielder. He'll get it back.

I kept thinking that all season, but he just hasn't done it. He's missed so many routine plays it's ridiculous. He still made most of the flashy ones we were used to but the throwing errors were so excessive. I think that there was a consensus emerging that his back was really bothering him on some of those throws in particular, and that was probably driving part of it. If his back is influencing his fielding, then I wouldn't be so sure that he will.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
Yes Balta, but he's a good fielder. He'll get it back.

When? 3 and a half months into the season and his defense was still god awful, the Sox are fighting for a playoff spot, they can't afford to have a huge liability in the field at 3B.

Guys, I trust our manager and GM. If Crede's back is lame he won't play. I think the guy is a damn good player and I want him back IF HEALTHY. To say Uribe is the answer I think is insane. He's playing well right now. I'd rather have Joe.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
Guys, I trust our manager and GM. If Crede's back is lame he won't play. I think the guy is a damn good player and I want him back IF HEALTHY. To say Uribe is the answer I think is insane. He's playing well right now. I'd rather have Joe.

Lets just assume for a second that Juan Uribe will continue to produce like he has over the past month would you take him at 3B over what we saw from Crede this season? Because there's a big difference between the two.

Well I don't have the stats. What has Juan hit in his last 50 at bats? If Juan plays D like this and can actually produce at the plate, I guess I'd keep Juan in there and spell him with Joe. Give me Juan's BA and RBIs over his last 50 at bats. I am not of the belief Crede is suddenly a bad fielder. You better believe Oz and KW are not going to play him if he's hurting. I tend to trust Oz on this one rather than panic about Joe's return.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)
Well I don't have the stats. What has Juan hit in his last 50 at bats? If Juan plays D like this and can actually produce at the plate, I guess I'd keep Juan in there and spell him with Joe. Give me Juan's BA and RBIs over his last 50 at bats. I am not of the belief Crede is suddenly a bad fielder. You better believe Oz and KW are not going to play him if he's hurting. I tend to trust Oz on this one rather than panic about Joe's return.

Players are afraid to tell their managers about injuries. Contreras had soreness for a month before he finally told Ozzie. Also, you have to be crazy to think Crede's going to pull himself voluntarily from games during his contract year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)

.302/.362/.453/.815 since taking over for Crede at 3B. Whether Joe Crede is or isn't going to an awful defender for the remainder of his career is immaterial, all we've seen from him this season is an awful defender and there's really no reason to believe his back injury flaring up is going to make him any better in the field. Maybe he'll be better next year after resting his back for 4 months or maybe it'll take him another year to get back to the way he was, who knows. The point is; there's absolutely no reason to believe he's going to come back from this latest debilitating back injury and be spectacular in the field while at the same time I have a hard time believing we're going to see any sort of fall off defensively from Juan.

I'd think it will be pretty obvious if his back is bothering him. Maybe not. I'd think there are ways a guy like Oz, who played the game forever, could figure it out. I applaud Juan for that play tonight, but I am not a big Juan Uribe fan. I am a big Joe Crede fan.