Royals Vs Sox - Part Deux - 7:11pm CSN

nitetrain8601

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Thank you.

I guess I should have qualified it with an innings minimum.

Cruz is legit. He's pitched 35 innings.

Balfour... very legit.

And Dotel.

I was too bloody lazy to figure out an appropriate innings limit.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Healthy? I have to take him over Uribe.

What's a healthy Joe Crede? Has he been healthy this season? If he's going to post a .750 OPS with awful defense then I'll take Juan. If he's going to go back to the Crede of old defensively then it's a different story.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
Why? Tell me what are so bad his stats coming off a serious back surgery? I mean Uribe is no superstar. I just don't get comments like this.

It's the errors, plain and simple. He's missed like 3 weeks and only 2 people in MLB have more errors than him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Why? Tell me what are so bad his stats coming off a serious back surgery? I mean Uribe is no superstar. I just don't get comments like this.

Mediocre offense, no speed, inconsistent health and awful defense is not going to cut it. Since Crede went down Juan has posted a line of .302/.362/.453/.815, playing spectacular clutch defense and has shown off his small ball skills. If he can keep this up for the final month and a half of the season then I'll take him over an iffy Crede.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Yes Balta, but he's a good fielder. He'll get it back.

What about a player who is on the DL for back soreness, coming off back surgery and having the worst year defensively springs confidence in you Greg. If healthy I agree, he is a good fielder. I dont think he is healthy.