Royals Vs Sox - Part Deux - 7:11pm CSN

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
If Getz really ends up working out and Alexei turns out to be really as good as he's looked so far, where does Gordon Beckham fit in the picture down the line?

3B/DH/RF??

Edited by whitesoxbrian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
3B/DH/RF??

DH? For a young, toolsy 1st rounder who can play middle infield?

Plus RF needs a strong arm, and Beckham's arm is the one question mark they have about him being a future SS.

He'll be an infielder.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
If Getz really ends up working out and Alexei turns out to be really as good as he's looked so far, where does Gordon Beckham fit in the picture down the line?

Barring a change in GM's...there's 29 other teams out there. Hell, I could see Beckham traded by KW even if Getz stinks.

Beckham, a top 10 first round pick could be playing with the club as soon as 2010. It would seemingly be a good problem to have with ALexei, Getz and Beckham all on the team at once. Add CQ, Danks and Floyd to the mix and we have a pretty young and talented core on this team for the next few years, especially if Fields can finally make the adjustments needed to stay in the bigs..

Did anyone hear about the Share the Name- Share the Game promotion that the Sox did yesterday? If you have the same name as any of the players or coaches on the Sox you got half price tickets. Pretty good promotion, especially for Latinos. Unfortunately I doubt there are lots of Konerkos or Jeks' or Thomes out in the Chicago area. I wonder if they made exceptions for the many Vasquezes out there.