Royals vs Sox...Part Trois - Sweep Edition

nitetrain8601

This isn't going to sound right since he did limit the Royals to only 2 runs (only 1 should have been earned) over 5 today and that's all you really could ask from Lance. But he really needs to start missing some bats if he wants to succeed against real offenses. He struck no one out and I'd venture to guess that the Royals were making contact on at least 90% of their swings today, he just wasn't getting anything past them. That's not going to fly against a more potent lineup.

Great results from Lance but he's gonna have to work on some things if he doesn't want to get his ass handed to him next time out.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Definately couldn't have asked for much more from Broadway today. It really validates Kenny and Ozzie's decision to start him and save Carrasco as the main RHP middle reliever.

:DWhat??? This is on KW. This guys can't get MLB out with an 80's fastball! This guy has no major league talent! What a bust of a first round pick!!!!! Carrasco should have started!!!!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Bahaha, that has to be a career high in SBs for Paulie this year. Plus an infield hit. And he has a triple this year too.

Yeah unfortunately he has re invented himself.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
Bahaha, that has to be a career high in SBs for Paulie this year. Plus an infield hit. And he has a triple this year too.

What a crazy ass year it has been for PK.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
How does Davies have 7 strike outs today?

I don't believe in the whole myth of clutch and unclutch, but we've just swung and missed all day in key situations. It seems like the guys almost are too excited to swing at Davies' lousy stuff and are trying to do too much (and we've seen that before, although not much recently).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
This isn't going to sound right since he did limit the Royals to only 2 runs (only 1 should have been earned) over 5 today and that's all you really could ask from Lance. But he really needs to start missing some bats if he wants to succeed against real offenses. He struck no one out and I'd venture to guess that the Royals were making contact on at least 90% of their swings today, he just wasn't getting anything past them. That's not going to fly against a more potent lineup.

Great results from Lance but he's gonna have to work on some things if he doesn't want to get his ass handed to him next time out.

Is there any word on who Richard is replacing? Maybe it is Broadway.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)

my sentiments exactly... I'm happy for his success, but I don't think he'd be able to continue succeeding the he has been.

For a 1st round pick... he doesn't exactly wow me with his "stuff."

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
It seems that the offense has been unable to really put a game away.

it's still only the 6th... I feel confident that this time through the line-up we'll have more success. 1-2-3 coming up in the top of the inning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Is there any word on who Richard is replacing? Maybe it is Broadway.

when is the next time we need a 5th starter? Maybe they will send Broadway down to get regular starts and have Richard as a reliever.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
Was there any confirmation they really did bring up Richard? They just showed Wise, Getz, and Broadway, and many thought they might have sent Wise down.

Richard is not on the list of available pitchers on gameday.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
We've got ourselves a pitcher folks. With some defense behind him, he could have done a lot better.

He threw too many pitches because he couldn't put hitters away (thus only one strikeout) and he was facing the Royals. However, after seeing him last September and today, I have hope that he's at least a little better than a lot of people (like me) think he is.