9/2 SOX @ Cle 6:05 PM CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game hinges on the Sox ability to resist swinging at pitches out of the strike zone.

Patient teams can coax alot of walks out of Carmona.

If we're up there hacking instead, like we have a tendency to... we could be looking up at the Twins tomorrow.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
I think the game hinges on the Sox ability to resist swinging at pitches out of the strike zone.

If we're up there hacking instead, like we have a tendency to... we could be looking up at the Twins tomorrow.

True

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)

The thought of our lineup having to be patient at the plate doesn't exactly add confidence to our chances of winning tonight...

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Griffey not playing, Carlos scratched due to forearm soreness, his replacement... Jerry Owens.

Mark Buehrle left the team to be with his wife.

Thanks for the update as there was still plenty of time to tweak my line-up on the day for my fantasy playoffs and CQ. I used reverse psychology and picked up Delmon Young for a day's replacement instead of Rowand.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
Owens in LF, Quentin scratched. Well Ozzie gets what he wanted to put together on opening day. Thank god the baseball gods decided for none of that, and sacrificed Owens to the cause.

Tonight's game thread should be full of Jerry Owens supporters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
Tonight's game thread should be full of Jerry Owens supporters.

With the emergence of The Carlos Quentin, there should be none, the only thing I want to see is how will he look in the leadoff role, and if he can steal a base or two.