Game Thread 09/07/08

kapkomet

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys would be going apes*** if Anderson wouldve singled and allowed 2 runs to score.

Dye made the correct play. If it was the 9th inning then you let the ball drop. Not every team is like our Sox, other teams actually get runners in from third with less than 2 outs.

I said this in a game thread after that asshat did everything but hold the pike on the dismount on a save against us. The next guy who hits a walk off against him, should moonwalk to first, then worm over to 2nd, walk backwards to 3rd, then bolt like you are in the 100 meter dash and do a somersault so you roll over home plate. Then do snow angels at home plate.

LOL.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
I thought he had pretty good location but had to throw to a teacup strikezone. He can't be forced to throw strike 3-1, 2-0, 3-2.

He was squeezed, I just wanted to use Whoracio... I've been keeping that one in the chamber for a couple of days now.

I can't believe Dye bothered to catch it. It irritated me so much I had to long onto here and make sure I wasn't the only one.

I hate this idea of "oh, what if he lets it drop and Anderson hits a HR." Well, that's a chance -- but you know, without question, if you catch it a run is going to score. There's also the probability he'll record an out which doesn't advance runners.

At this point in the game, with 2 strikes and knowledge Minnesota is losing, I would have let it drop. Dye better hit a HR for the run he decided, in the 8th inning, we could overcome.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
I dunno, I take my chances and let that one drop

I'm watching the game on Angels broadcast and they think JD made the right play because if he let's that ball drop and the batter then comes back to hit a single and score 2 runs instead,they think it shows that it means you believe in your offense with all that power...Angel announcers keep harping on the belief that the sox can score runs in a hurry with the long ball,they are impressed with our power up and down our lineup.