**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
The next nine hours are going to drag on forever.

i should go home sick from work, this is agony just waiting.

I am breaking out the "rally dip" tonight, though i did quit a year ago. Thanks White Sox

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
im gonna watch sox pride when i get off work today to get me in the mood. at least ill smile before the game lol

I only get the Twins broadcast, so I had the entire game on MUTE. During that time I had White Sox Youtube Videos playing with all the rally songs we ever had . :lol:

i wanna believe, but Gavin's been shaky in september (1-2, 5.20). Plus that dome is going to be buzzing tonight. I think the season comes down to a series against CLE and 3 LH starters and whether or not we can make it to a game against DET and, wait for it, big game Fred.

edit: plus, there's a side of me that wants to see a one game winner-takes-all at the cell against MIN - oh, the chance for some harsh retribution!

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
Gavin will keep in the game,let s see if JD,JT and PK decide to show up.

I wouldn't count on JD - i love the guy but if you notice that sweet short swing he was sporting when he raked is gone. Plus he's swinging at some bad pitches, which was very unlike him. I don't know, i don't think he's just going to snap out of it. I'd put Thome back in the 3 hole.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
I wouldn't count on JD - i love the guy but if you notice that sweet short swing he was sporting when he raked is gone. Plus he's swinging at some bad pitches, which was very unlike him. I don't know, i don't think he's just going to snap out of it. I'd put Thome back in the 3 hole.

Here is where the loss of CQ is just devastating to our club...dammit

We will win tonight... End. Of. Story.

Unfortunately we've only won one in the dome all season. It ain't gonna happen. We needed to win one of the first two. It'll be a zoo in there. The sweep is on and there ain't nothing we can do about it on the road.

That said, GO SOX!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Unfortunately we've only won one in the dome all season. It ain't gonna happen. We needed to win one of the first two. It'll be a zoo in there. The sweep is on and there ain't nothing we can do about it on the road.

That said, GO SOX!!!

sometimes i wish you wouldnt post. as soon as i see your name i know its gonna be negative

sometimes i wish you wouldnt post. as soon as i see your name i know its gonna be negative

I've been more negative lately, partly trying to reverse jinx the team. I have been real positve most of the season and I was real positive heading into the series. I want to have to eat my words, believe me.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:08 AM)
The BEST thing this team can do from the onset is score a few runs (within the first three innings), and then for Gavin Floyd to immediately shut down the Twins the half inning after. Look at these last two games -- whenever we have scored (aside from Griffey's 9th inning HR yesterday), the Twins have responded the following inning. This needs to stop. It completely deflates a club.

If we're going down 1-2-3 to Slowey and Gavin gives up a run, the "we're doomed" mentality will resonate through the club again.

Dye, Konerko and Thome have to quit embarrassing the White Sox logo as well. It's pitiful watching this display of missing hanger after hanger, or pounding everything into the ground directly to a fielder. Quit acting like pussies and win a game.

That is a good sound strategy :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
I've been more negative lately, partly trying to reverse jinx the team. I have been real positve most of the season and I was real positive heading into the series. I want to have to eat my words, believe me.

I didnt mean to come out you, my bad dude.

Just a s***ty day at work if ya know what i mean.