**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

The BEST thing this team can do from the onset is score a few runs (within the first three innings), and then for Gavin Floyd to immediately shut down the Twins the half inning after. Look at these last two games -- whenever we have scored (aside from Griffey's 9th inning HR yesterday), the Twins have responded the following inning. This needs to stop. It completely deflates a club.

If we're going down 1-2-3 to Slowey and Gavin gives up a run, the "we're doomed" mentality will resonate through the club again.

Dye, Konerko and Thome have to quit embarrassing the White Sox logo as well. It's pitiful watching this display of missing hanger after hanger, or pounding everything into the ground directly to a fielder. Quit acting like pussies and win a game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:08 AM)
Floyd has come up big in these situations many times it seems this season. I just fear he doesn't have the 'magic' in him to get it done this night. Hopefully he does, and we can come back home and take care of things with the Tribe.

i have a feeling it'll be similar to last night's game from mark

stellar outing, but no "O"

looking towards next year at this point

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:53 AM)
I have all the faith in the world that Floyd will have a good start, maybe 2 or 3 ER...

Faith in the offense??? not so much

Slowey vs. Sox at the Cell in 08: 8 IP, 14 H, 11ER, 3 BB, 8K

Slowey vs. Sox at the Dome in 08: 9 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

:gosoxretro: :gosox3: :gosox1:

Slowey is very good in the dome, i've watched a lot of his games on mlb.tv

His pitches have a lot of life on them, and he has incredible control as well

These twins players just aren't the same at home, it's not even close really

The same can be said, verbatim, for our Sox on the road

QUESTION FOR ANYONE IN WISCONSIN:

I will be driving from Chicago to the LaCrosse area tonight, hoping to listen to the game over radio. I know 670 will get me pretty far, but, I'm guessing I'll lose it by Madison. Anyone know of any radio stations in southern WI that broadcast the games?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:02 AM)
Slowey is very good in the dome, i've watched a lot of his games on mlb.tv

His pitches have a lot of life on them, and he has incredible control as well

These twins players just aren't the same at home, it's not even close really

The same can be said, verbatim, for our Sox on the road

He's sucked the the last two weeks and he has an ERA over 4 for the last 28 days, but in KC and in Minny the Sox have faced pitchers who have been struggling and who have been giving them pitches to hit, but they can't do crap with them. I expect nothing less tonight.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/pspli...1&year=2008

Gavin will have to go 7 and give up one, maybe two, to give this team a chance.

Enough with Wise, he gave you a nice pop for a week or two, but enough

When will our hitters start sitting on the slider instead of the fastball?

Oh, never. God forbid you adjust to what the league is doing to you

The phrase i keep coming back to when thinking about these hitters is "Stupid Robots"

Programmed for one thing, but cannot recalculate and adjust when the situation changes

Farmer was harping on these guys last night about how Blackburn hung about a billion sliders and other random breaking pitches, but because our hitters are 100% locked dead-red on a fastball, Blackburn sawed through our lineup without breaking a sweat

Until these hitters smarten up, and use their f***ing brains for once, it'll be more of the same tonight

SOX PLAYERS, IF YOU'RE READING (lol) THIS:

THE TWINS WILL NOT GIVE YOU HITTABLE FASTBALLS. DO YOU THINK THEY'RE RETARDED? THEY WILL NIBBLE WITH FASTBALLS OFF THE PLATE, AND ATTACK YOU WITH SLIDERS, CHANGEUPS, CURVEBALLS, AND OTHER ASSORTMENTS OF BREAKING/OFFSPEED PITCHES.

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS OR DIE TRYING.

No confidence in tonight. Floyd has been a nice surprise this year, but for some reason I still doubt his ability to come through in a big game like this. If we couldn't win Burls v. Blackburn then I dont know if we will win.

I am negative and cynical, but at the same time will be rooting the team on tonight...if they win, we go from suicidal cliff dwelling to right back in the catbirds seat.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:05 AM)
When will our hitters start sitting on the slider instead of the fastball?

Oh, never. God forbid you adjust to what the league is doing to you

The phrase i keep coming back to when thinking about these hitters is "Stupid Robots"

Programmed for one thing, but cannot recalculate and adjust when the situation changes

Farmer was harping on these guys last night about how Blackburn hung about a billion sliders and other random breaking pitches, but because our hitters are 100% locked dead-red on a fastball, Blackburn sawed through our lineup without breaking a sweat

Until these hitters smarten up, and use their f***ing brains for once, it'll be more of the same tonight

SOX PLAYERS, IF YOU'RE READING (lol) THIS:

THE TWINS WILL NOT GIVE YOU HITTABLE FASTBALLS. DO YOU THINK THEY'RE RETARDED? THEY WILL NIBBLE WITH FASTBALLS OFF THE PLATE, AND ATTACK YOU WITH SLIDERS, CHANGEUPS, CURVEBALLS, AND OTHER ASSORTMENTS OF BREAKING/OFFSPEED PITCHES.

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS OR DIE TRYING.

The worse thing is, with the humungous swing that they are taking to park said fastball they wind up fouling it off or missing it completely. So whats the point. You get that one 88 mph fastball down the middle and your back shoulder dipping, pull swing cant square it up. If this team thought for a night, up the middle and away. They would accomplish 2 things. One is they would start to get the chain moving. Two is that the pitchers would be forced to come in to reclaim the outer half, and then their pull monkey destroy plan could actually work.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
The worse thing is, with the humungous swing that they are taking to park said fastball they wind up fouling it off or missing it completely. So whats the point. You get that one 88 mph fastball down the middle and your back shoulder dipping, pull swing cant square it up. If this team thought for a night, up the middle and away. They would accomplish 2 things. One is they would start to get the chain moving. Two is that the pitchers would be forced to come in to reclaim the outer half, and then their pull monkey destroy plan could actually work.

That exactly is what is so unfortunate about the Sox attack. They know how to hit fastballs, but they don't know how to make a pitcher throw fastballs in the zone.