**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

You know what I've always wondered, and maybe it happens so I could be wrong -- why don't players in a lineup work together to look for different pitches? Like first time through, odd lineup players look for fastball; even players for breaking ball. Mix it up a little bit.

It was obvious no one in the lineup was sitting on anything with a ripple; because Blackburn was hanging pitches left and right. And what about his high changeups? Jesus Christ. Are we the only team who can't hit that?

DJ said something yesterday that was interesting. He noticed that in tough situations Minnesota pitchers were typically grooving pitches into the plate for strike one to get ahead. Offhand I know Blackburn and Nathan did it. Just a little hanging breaking ball over the plate. If we're in another bases loaded, 2 outs scenario someone has to be looking for a hanger to absolutely crush. Early in the count.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Well, I'll hold off my anger until someone not as lazy as me finds out the career numbers our starters have against Slowey.

White Sox hitters vs Kevin Slowey

2008 2003-2007

Hitter AVG AB HR RBI AVG AB HR RBI

Anderson, Brian .000 1 0 0 .000 1 0 0

Bourgeois, Jason - - - - - - - -

Cabrera, Orlando .286 7 0 0 .400 10 0 0

Crede, Joe .500 4 0 1 .500 4 0 1

Dye, Jermaine .429 7 1 2 .364 11 1 2

Fields, Josh .333 3 0 0 .333 6 0 0

Getz, Chris - - - - - - - -

Griffey Jr., Ken - - - - - - - -

Hall, Toby .000 2 0 0 .000 3 0 0

Konerko, Paul .250 8 0 2 .167 12 0 2

Owens, Jerry - - - - .200 5 0 0

Phillips, Paul - - - - - - - -

Pierzynski, A.J. .429 7 0 0 .429 7 0 0

Quentin, Carlos .250 8 0 0 .250 8 0 0

Ramirez, Alexei .375 8 0 1 .375 8 0 1

Swisher, Nick .143 7 1 3 .222 9 1 3

Thome, Jim .000 5 0 0 .000 6 0 0

Uribe, Juan .500 2 1 2 .571 7 1 3

Wise, Dewayne .000 1 0 0 .000 1 0 0

Looks like Cabrera, Dye, AJ, Alexei, Uribe do well. Thome, Konerko, Wise, Swish do not.

Griffey's never faced him.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
Looks like Cabrera, Dye, AJ, Alexei, Uribe do well. Thome, Konerko, Wise, Swish do not.

Griffey's never faced him.

Sorry, but those numbers are in like 2, 3, or sometimes maybe 7 at bats. It's really hard for me to draw any conclusions from those, especially given that some of them (i.e. Konerko, Swisher) might well have faced him during their big slumps. One hit is the difference between doing well and not doing well.

I am so pissed Ozzie is going to let this team die with Jermaine hitting 3rd. I am not advocating yanking him out of the lineup, but he should not be hitting 3rd.

Wow, I can't believe he ran the same lineup out there. Dewayne Wise has a good 1-2 weeks and he just gets to play with no questions asked

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Sorry, but those numbers are in like 2, 3, or sometimes maybe 7 at bats. It's really hard for me to draw any conclusions from those, especially given that some of them (i.e. Konerko, Swisher) might well have faced him during their big slumps. One hit is the difference between doing well and not doing well.

Of course they are.

Slowey hasn't been in the majors that long.

I didnt mean to come out you, my bad dude.

Just a s***ty day at work if ya know what i mean.

No problem. I've been trying to be ultra negative the whole series except for my backing of Oz to pull off the reverse jinx, and it's still not working. Do we ever hit homers at the Twink dome? No matter everybody's ranting about lineups, etc., with our team it boils down to home runs and hoping we get the good Dotel, etc. We don't hit homers at the homerdome do we? When we don't homer and homer often, we is done.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
that s the meaning of insanity,trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result :lolhitting

maybe he thinks that hey, theres no way we can suck this badly 3 games in a row? :huh Lol go sox! we need this one!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Same lineup tonight? Haha....unbelievable.

Does anyone know if everyone is in the same order? I assume this is what everyone means when they say "same lineup" but I haven't seen anything posted.

I could atleast understand the same players, because there aren't many alternatives, but having everyone in the same exact f***ing order after last night is ridiculous. This series has shown the 3-4-5 haven't done s***. Do we want Wise up again in crucial situations again?

Either he's thinking "I need to stick to one lineup" or "I'll show those people who are criticizing me whose boss by not changing one damn thing!"

Wise sucks, but it's another either way Oz gets ripped. Everybody says our style of play can't win in the dome and Wise and Cabrera at least have some wheels.

I assume Swish isn't playing. Looks like he's the one guy Oz finally grew sick of trotting out there and sucking on a fairly regular basis.