**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

Why do the Sox hitters take the first two pitches almost EVERY SINGLE at bat? Seriously. The best pitch to hit is almost always the first pitch, and I'd be willing to bet 75% of the first pitch strikes that the Sox take, are fastballs. We take fastballs right down the heart of the plate on the first pitch, when we're supposed to be a good fastball hitting team? Then we chase the offspeed crap after we're down 0-2 every at bat......

Just lol @ this team. They're going nowhere.

START SWINGING THE BAT FOR f***'S SAKE. Go out and WIN the game, don't wait for the other team to LOSE the game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 with 2 outs is exactly when you are allowed to swing at that pitch.

What have the Sox done this series with runners on base that makes you think all of a sudden if we just get a runner on first with 2 outs we are going to some how get them in?

Griffey got a fastball, he got under it.

He worked the count and swung at his pitch, nothing more you can really ask of a player.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
3-0 with 2 outs is exactly when you are allowed to swing at that pitch.

What have the Sox done this series with runners on base that makes you think all of a sudden if we just get a runner on first with 2 outs we are going to some how get them in?

Griffey got a fastball, he got under it.

He worked the count and swung at his pitch, nothing more you can really ask of a player.

The quoted part is dead on accurate.

I agree with this. The idea was fine, he just didn't get it done.

The fact is this team is used up, full of over-the-hill players...after the season ends it's time to cut the cord...playoffs or not.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
Luckily your not our GM, because Griffey is one of the only damn players on the Sox who has shown up.

Its not his fault that the Sox are playing him in CF, they just refuse to sit DYE who has been the real problem.

I'm not blaming Griffey. I'm blaming KW/Ozzie. How many other teams would have Griff starting in CF in the major leagues? ZERO. If you want to ride Griff because he's hot, YOU SIT THOME, AND HAVE GRIFF DH, AND THROW BA IN CF.

We are beating ourselves.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
Why is he swinging at a 3-0 pitch that's outside and high, not low in his happy zone.

Everyone is pressing. They HAVE to fire Greg Walker or I will have no hope of this team every making the post-season again.

I don t think it s Walker s fault,we just got too many swing for the fences type players,old too

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 12:33 AM)
Young a career .398 hitter vs. CWS.

Guess it just went down a bit.

We deserve that for the stupid pitch we had Garcia throw at him in his major league debut. Since when was Ozzie the enforcer for Major League Baseball?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 12:34 AM)
I don t think it s Walker s fault,we just got too many swing for the fences type players,old too

How's it not Walker's fault that all of our hitters seem unaware that when the Sox have a man on base, the Twins pitcher will throw first pitch offspeed pitch? DJ was saying this all last night.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
Bloop single, sac, ground rule double...the Mauer ball was hit good, but otherwise Gavin has been solid.

the ball mauer hit would ve been caught by anderson,owens and even swisher i believe