The attitude on this board sucks right now

sin city sox fan

I will continue to support the White Sox, as i have for over more than 40 years, but sorry, this team no longer controls it's own destiny...........

They need help now, from the f***ing Royals no less........

Edited by SoCalSouthSider59

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
I can't support a bunch of no-heart losers like the guys on the Sox.... Just won't do it.

Firesale on all but the following players:

Jenks

Thornton

Linebrink

Ramirez

Quentin

Buehrle

Floyd

Danks

Linebrink

Everyone else can f*** off for all I care. Our big money players COMPLETELY disappeared in September. How does AJ suddenly go retard with calling pitches to Gomez/Span? Seriously. On top of his pathetic performance at the plate in September, he adds those pitch calls to the pile of s*** that was the last month of the season? Wow...

Dye, Thome, Konerko, all too old to make the run at the end of the season that is necessary to win a WS. Ship them, and ship them ASAP.

I'd put Jenks on the fire sale list. No need in having a good closer when you arent going to contend for a division title. Sell him off for something.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Those of you who have given up on this team better not be taking up seats at the Cell during the playoffs. I want true fans who supported this team all the way to the finish to be the ones rooting this team to another series title.

What a waste of money to watch that one game at the Cell during the playoffs, if they even make it. Because you know the Twins and Sox, regardless of who wins the central, are getting swept in the first round.

Dye, Thome, Konerko, all too old to make the run at the end of the season that is necessary to win a WS. Ship them, and ship them ASAP.

No, not ASAP.

Take your time, develop a plan and this winter when the hot stove league is firing, trade them when their "name value" still has GMs and fans salivating.

This signifies the end of our WS era. It's time to blow it up and KW will. Fans won't want to support these plodders any more. I just hope our rebuilding isn't like that of the KC Chiefs. I'd hate to be realistically out of it in May, early June the next 3-4 years.

Keep pitchers Mark, Danks, Floyd, Thornton and Jenks.

Keep CQ and Alexei and maybe AJP.

Everybody else should be shopped.

A-Rod and Ichiro on South Side next year?? M's players hate Ichiro and NY might be ready to do some blowing up of its own.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
I'd put Jenks on the fire sale list. No need in having a good closer when you arent going to contend for a division title. Sell him off for something.

we have a closer, his name is matt thornton

jenks is expendable and has RIDICULOUS trade value

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
I can't support a bunch of no-heart losers like the guys on the Sox.... Just won't do it.

Firesale on all but the following players:

Jenks

Thornton

Linebrink

Ramirez

Quentin

Buehrle

Floyd

Danks

Linebrink

Everyone else can f*** off for all I care. Our big money players COMPLETELY disappeared in September. How does AJ suddenly go retard with calling pitches to Gomez/Span? Seriously. On top of his pathetic performance at the plate in September, he adds those pitch calls to the pile of s*** that was the last month of the season? Wow...

Why on earth would you not feel out what people would trade for Jenks?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Did you really expect that attitude of the board not to suck after tonight? All this team needed to do was win one game against an incredibly mediocre team and blew a ridiculous amount of chances to do that.

The twins may be a mediocre team on the road but they win 2 out of every 3 at dome and have the 4th best winning percentage in the league at home. Going into this series, I knew it would be tough and we got it handed to us.

However, we are just as good at home as them and we can still get it done in our stadium.

The only way I think it does not happen is if the negativity of the fans is so strong that it transcends to the players.

Remember, this team was picked to finish 3rd or 4th in the division by almost everyone at the beginning of the year. I think almost anyone here would have been happy if they had been told in March that we'd control our own destiny with 4 games left to play (5 if you count a potential tiebreaker).

This team can still do it and its time for everyone to jump on the bus and support them in the last series of the regular season.

im as pissed off as every other sox fan out there right now. they blew it this series vs the Twins and that horrible umpire. However, i'll be there tommorow cheering this team on. Its not over till its over. KC is playing good baseball right now. And reading what Meche and Buck said, they were hoping Minny would sweep us so those games they play mean something. Well they mean a lot guys, we couldn't get the job, but i'll be praying you guys do. They have nothing to lose... those teams are scary to face. Thank goodness we are finished with the road. The 2008 White Sox were brutal on the road. However, our home record should at least give us some hope (51-26). White Sox vs Cleveland at home: 6-0!!!

Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome really disapeared when this team needed them most. Dye looks like a below avg player.

I'm sorry, but Thome produced in almost all his other at-bats. Yeah his "double" was a little screwy, but he reached base in 3 of his 5 PA's.

I know you aren't a fan of Anderson, but it was completely inexcusable to not start him in CF. Ozzie was vocal against it when it was even mention to him. Wise has no business starting all three of these games. Hell, where was Ozzie's boy, Owens?

The only way I think it does not happen is if the negativity of the fans is so strong that it transcends to the players.

I disagree. I don't think our plodders care what we think. They do the same thing every game. Try to hit home runs. If we hit homers we'll beat Cleveland 2 of 3. The fans' reaction is not going to help them hit home runs or not. Minnie is gonna win all 3. We're not going to hit Lee. Season ova.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
No, not ASAP.

Take your time, develop a plan and this winter when the hot stove league is firing, trade them when their "name value" still has GMs and fans salivating.

This signifies the end of our WS era. It's time to blow it up and KW will. Fans won't want to support these plodders any more. I just hope our rebuilding isn't like that of the KC Chiefs. I'd hate to be realistically out of it in May, early June the next 3-4 years.

Keep pitchers Mark, Danks, Floyd, Thornton and Jenks.

Keep CQ and Alexei and maybe AJP.

Everybody else should be shopped.

A-Rod and Ichiro on South Side next year?? M's players hate Ichiro and NY might be ready to do some blowing up of its own.

The winningest franchise in the history of baseball couldn't win with AROD.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 05:00 AM)
Guys, all we have to do is match the Twins during the next three games. Win against Detroit, and we have a one-game playoff at home. We're virtually tied in the standings. We're not out of this by any means.

Go Sox!

Tomorrow's Sox game will be one of the most interesting in term of atmosphere dynamics you can possibly imagine.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
ok boys.

time to get off this site. Tomorrow is going to drag while waiting for first pitch. Nothing more can be said so lets all go our different ways and just hope for the best tomorrow night.

haha, good luck with that. I predict by 6:55 pm tomorrow, there will be ~25 threads about how this team needs to be blown up/destroyed/moved to a different city/ etc.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 05:10 AM)
haha, good luck with that. I predict by 6:55 pm tomorrow, there will be ~25 threads about how this team needs to be blown up/destroyed/moved to a different city/ etc.

How come you haven't used the clever THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD line tonight?