Who would you like to see gone before '09?

knightni

Who?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Infielders + Catchers

• Paul Konerko
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • Orlando Cabrera
    • Juan Uribe
    • Josh Fields
    • Joe Crede
    • Nick Swisher
    • Jim Thome
    • AJ Pierzynski
    • Toby Hall
  2. 2. Outfielders + Setup & Closer

• Matt Thornton
    • Scott Linebrink
    • Bobby Jenks
    • Octavio Dotel
    • DJ Carrasco
    • Jermaine Dye
    • Jerry Owens
    • Ken Griffey Jr.
    • Brian Anderson
    • DeWayne Wise
  3. 3. Other pitchers + manager/GM

• Mark Buehrle
    • Javier Vazquez
    • Gavin Floyd
    • John Danks
    • Boone Logan
    • Mike MacDougal
    • Horacio Ramirez
    • Ehren Wassermann
    • Kenny Williams
    • Ozzie Guillen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Firesale. You keep Danks, Gavin, Quentin, and Ramirez, and build around them. Everyone else is fair game. Buehrle included. I think Ozzie will resign(I mean quit) if the Sox don't make the playoffs. Someone will overpay for these guys. Realistically, Thome will still be here because of his immense salary, But this team needs to be rebuilt.

I want vazquez,and OC gone TONIGHT,i want thome,griffey,uribe,macdougle,DJ carrasco,wasserman,and i think Kenny needs to go out and get a TRUE #1 starter like CC(but yankees wont let that happen) if we had a good #1 we wouldnt have slumps like this,just look what johan did for the mets(3 days rest and then a complete game) and MORE AND MORE SPEED!!!!!!

A.J.

Toby

Fields (trade him while you can get anything for him)

Crede

Swisher

Linebrink (trade him while you can get anything for him)

Jenks (trade him while he has value)

Carrasco

Owens (no real value to the major league team)

Griffey (washed up)

Wise (being exposed for what he is)

Vazquez

Logan

MacDougal (no control)

Ramirez (bad)

Wassermann (bad)

Williams

Guillen

(I know that's not realistic, but that's my answer to the specific question asked). If they don't have a parenthesis notation after their name, I think they've quit.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Crede, Carrasco, Owens, Griffey (a little torn, 51/49 in favor of going), same with Wise. Vazquez, Logan, Ramirez, and finally Wasserman. Surprised at the amount that want OCab gone though- he was far from the problem and would probably be the #2 hitter following the addition of a leadoff hitter. His glovework was worse than advertised, but he finds himself on winning teams, was part of our offensive resurgence after that lol start we had, and lastly, we wouldn't have to worry about looking for infield help. Alexei's a SS but there ARE such things as good rookie seasons followed by a swift plunge off the earth. Besides, he plays second just fine.

Crede, Thome, Carrasco, Junior, Javy, Boonerz, McDonalds, Horriblio, Wassermullet, and promote Buddy Bell to GM

:)

Leave Konerko at 1st, JD to DH, Brian Anderson to CF, Swisher to RF, CQ to LF

____?? 3B, ____?? 2B/SS, Alexei 2B/SS

AJ C

PK 1B

AR 2B/SS

?? 2B/SS

?? 3B

CQ LF

BA CF

NS RF

JD DH

IMO this team will not be a contending team in 2009 (But, it wasn't supposed to contend in 2008 either. So who knows, just my opinion as of right now), so giving BA a full, healthy year in CF doesn't necessarily hurt this team for the future

Try to use draft picks from OC, Junior, and Crede, to shore up the 3B and SS spots of the lineup perhaps

Lineup would look something like:

?? 2B/SS (Brian Roberts? lol)

Alexei Ramirez - 2B/SS

Carlos Quentin - LF

Jermaine Dye - DH

Paul Konerko - 1B

?? 3B

Nick Swisher RF

Brian Anderson CF

AJ Pierzynski C

Whatever!

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
Crede, Thome, Carrasco, Junior, Javy, Boonerz, McDonalds, Horriblio, Wassermullet, and promote Buddy Bell to GM

:)

Leave Konerko at 1st, JD to DH, Brian Anderson to CF, Swisher to RF, CQ to LF

____?? 3B, ____?? 2B/SS, Alexei 2B/SS

AJ C

PK 1B

AR 2B/SS

?? 2B/SS

?? 3B

CQ LF

BA CF

NS RF

JD DH

IMO this team will not be a contending team in 2009 (But, it wasn't supposed to contend in 2008 either. So who knows, just my opinion as of right now), so giving BA a full, healthy year in CF doesn't necessarily hurt this team for the future

Try to use draft picks from OC, Junior, and Crede, to shore up the 3B and SS spots of the lineup perhaps

Lineup would look something like:

?? 2B/SS (Brian Roberts? lol)

Alexei Ramirez - 2B/SS

Carlos Quentin - LF

Jermaine Dye - DH

Paul Konerko - 1B

?? 3B

Nick Swisher RF

Brian Anderson CF

AJ Pierzynski C

Whatever!

We are going to buy out Griffey's option (I think we already have some money from the Reds) and it's 50/50 if we offer Crede arbitration...and uncertain if he would accept (if Boras thinks he can get a better deal, he's gone). But the worst-case scenario is bringing him back for $5-10 million, he can't play, and we have no back-up plan with Uribe probably gone in that case and Fields' status at best murky/uncertain.

There's just no logical reason to bring Griffey back if Thome is here still.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Wow, everyone wants Junior gone most? I say those people are mad. He was actually one to step up this past week and probably month. Everyone else for the most part has blown minus OCab.

Well, it's probably more of a fear of how Ozzie would use him, I sure don't want to see in CF for 150 games.

The first one I would get rid of would be Javier Vazquez.

I would get rid of Contreras also. I always like him but he is the end of the line. As for Swisher I would like to keep him for another year.

Edited by Baines3

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Wow, everyone wants Junior gone most? I say those people are mad. He was actually one to step up this past week and probably month. Everyone else for the most part has blown minus OCab.

I love Junior but at this stage in his career he adds nothing to the team besides awesomeness.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
The first one I would get rid of would be Javier Vazquez.

I would get rid of Contreras also. I always like him but he is the end of the line. As for Swisher I would like to keep him for another year.

Without some major deal we can't get rid of them both. Pitchers don't just grow on trees, even career .500 pitchers like Vazquez which is why he makes so much money.

Edited by lostfan

Well I said in the chat the other day, I think the Sox would be best suited putting Contreras in the pen as he still has enough for 3 innings, but can't pull out 6 innings out of his like usual. I think if he was a middle reliever where he only had to pitch one inning, it would be better since he could go all out and not having to worry about the next inning.

With that said, I think we are two starters away. Buehrle, Danks, and Floyd are really good glue guys to have in there. I would like a Sabathia, then maybe bring back Freddy. Burnett's injury history and his Javier-esque approach don't appeal to me.