Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
Before tonight's game, I told myself that I would be more than happy with a Central division championship and a playoff berth. But **** that, let's do this. Bring on Tampa.

Exactly.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
Ozzie is a little out of it right now but he pretty much just said Vazquez will start game 1 in Tampa.

Sadly, we really have no choice. Not with how we just worked these guys.

If it shapes up normal...that means we need to win 1 game with Vazquez and Buehrle going on the road, hold home court behind Floyd and Danks, and then maybe Mark goes on normal rest in game 5 if it goes that far.

I'm sitting pretty with a ticket to Thursday's game, with a Sox fan friend and two Rays fan friends, and then again for Friday, flanked by my Rays fan friend and my Rays fan wife. Mrs. FlaSoxx my arse. :lolhitting

Logistics are going to be tough, with two days of criscrossing the state and trying to cover my but work-wise, but it should be fun. Or, maybe it will lead to divorce.

My buddy also has tix for us for a potential Game 5, Gawd forbid it goes that long.

I am offocially STOKED for October baseball.

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
At least there will be an assload of playoff baseball tomorrow to watch.

I'm headed to my parent house tomorrow night to watch the Cubs on his new 53+ inch HD TV. My dad ans sister are Cubs fans... should be fun. hehehe

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
I'd give the Rays a 55%-45% advantage. It'll be close.

Of course I'm biased, but I like our chances.

If we split the first two, I really like our chances.

Either win both home games w/ the 2 kids on normal rest, or if need be, go w/ MB in game 5.

YES!

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 03:25 AM)
The experts at BBTN just unanimously picked the Rays in this series.

F%&$ them. They also said we'd finish last or second to last this season. I remember around mid way when the Tigers got back to .500, Steve "Best GM Ever" Phillips said they would go on to win the division. We need to ride Big Mo and hope the Rays are overwhelmed by this new experience.