Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

soxrayswtfhf2.jpg

We also averaged 3.7 RPG, they averaged 3.5

uh yeah, f*** cliff floyd and his two walkoffs, we could've won that series if those two games go the other way

i don't necessarily think this is as huge of a mismatch as everyone thinks

TB does have the advantage in terms of their rotation is much more fresh, and they have homefield advantage

Edited by joesaiditstrue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox lifetime against Shields:

Cabrera 4-11, 1 2B, 3 BB, .364 AVG

Dye 4-7, 2 2B, .571 AVG

Konerko 2-5, .400 AVG

Pierzynski 3-10, .300 AVG

Ramirez 2-2, 1 HR, 1.000 AVG

Swisher 1-6, 1 HR, .167 AVG

Thome 3-9, 1 HR, 2 BB, .333 AVG

Uribe 2-5, .400 AVG

All look pretty good besides Swisher.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)
For the record, if we win game 1, we're winning this series. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic tonight, but I really believe that.

That. The Rays are a young, inexperienced team, so psychology is huge here. They are going in very confident, and at home. If the Sox take game 1 and rattle the Rays, I think the Sox have a 2 in 3 chance of winning. If not, I think the Rays get that same 2/3 chance.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
That. The Rays are a young, inexperienced team, so psychology is huge here. They are going in very confident, and at home. If the Sox take game 1 and rattle the Rays, I think the Sox have a 2 in 3 chance of winning. If not, I think the Rays get that same 2/3 chance.

Think about that though...the Sox need to win 1 game in Tampa to take home field away. If they win game 1, then the Sox have home field for the rest of the series, if the Rays win it, they keep home field at least to game 2.

Without worrying about the psychology at all I think those 2/3 chances are right ;)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)

i think if we win either of those first two games we have a great shot coming back to our house - but winning the first one would be fantastic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
Think about that though...the Sox need to win 1 game in Tampa to take home field away. If they win game 1, then the Sox have home field for the rest of the series, if the Rays win it, they keep home field at least to game 2.

Without worrying about the psychology at all I think those 2/3 chances are right ;)

Also true.

Maybe its 3/4 if they win game 1.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
i think if we win either of those first two games we have a great shot coming back to our house - but winning the first one would be fantastic.

If we win game 1 then we go up 2-0 when we come back to Chicago. Mark Buehrle does not lose post season games.

Getting off to a quick start in the Trop Dome would be huge in this series. Getting on base and scoring a couple of runs in the first inning could really sow the seeds of doubt for a team that has never been there before. The longer the game stays scoreless or Tampa is ahead, the better chance they have in the entire series.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
If we win game 1 then we go up 2-0 when we come back to Chicago. Mark Buehrle does not lose post season games.

haha true that. i may have just watched the '05 WS dvd....

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
Lets rip off 11 of 12 again! :gosoxretro: :headbang

Having a mild case of OCD makes me not want to see a blip like that one loss. A perfect 11-0 would be more like it.

Speaking of OCD, I was driving my wife crazy every time I pointed out someone wearing a green Sox cap or any other non-black attire last night. I don't know how she's going to put up with me for the next 50 years. :D