"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm speechless. I didn't see anything remotely close to this happening. How do they bounce back from this? lol. They had the #1 offense and #2 pitching staff. They had a good bullpen (only the middle relief was suspect), and homefield advantage, where they had been dominant all year. Anyway, make that an even 100 years. Wow.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
I'm speechless. I didn't see anything remotely close to this happening. How do they bounce back from this? lol. They had the #1 offense and #2 pitching staff. They had a good bullpen (only the middle relief was suspect), and homefield advantage, where they had been dominant all year. Anyway, make that an even 100 years. Wow.

Game over?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:15 AM)
That was awesome. Broxton was absolutely filthy. This Dodgers team, if they spent their money better, could be amazing.

They are on fire, they might make the World Series this year regardless of who they play next round. They look like the team that got hot at the right time.

What makes this even sweeter is the coob basically could have picked thier opponent this round by losing to the Mets and beating the Brewers. Then they would have avoided LAD and played NYM. Which sure seemed like an easier team to beat.

Best part is we have a family party and my Bro-in-Laws are all cubby fans. I can't wait to get on them about this...again.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
On an unrelated note, I can't believe that the Dodgers were only 84-78 in the regular season. That team is absolutely loaded with talent.

I love some of their young players. Kemp, Either, Loney, Broxton, Billingsly. With the way they can spend money, could be really good for a while.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:28 AM)
I love some of their young players. Kemp, Either, Loney, Broxton, Billingsly. With the way they can spend money, could be really good for a while.

It's remarkable how they're able to win after spending all that money the last two offseasons on what have turned out to be very bad options in the outfield in Andruw and Pierre.

It's hard to believe the Cubs and that lofty record went 0-3. My god.

I don't care about the Cubs but I hope for the sake of Chicago pride we get it together vs. the Rays. USA Today's lead story on Friday was how great is Chicago baseball. 0-6 will be a national embarrassment.

What do you do if you are a Cub fan now? They've pretty much assumed this was the year since they swept us in Wrigley way back in June. My god 0-3???? With that team? That starting rotation?? That manager?? My god.

Call me dumb but I actually think we can win the next 2. I hope it's the case.