"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

Well, they did improve this year. They actually had the lead after the end of an inning. Last year they didn't even do that. :lolhitting

I know we aren't playing well and are down 0-2, but at least we were in our games and are just inept at getting runs in from third. They just completely s*** the bed again this year.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what really sucks? The regular season no longer matters, AT ALL. How can a Cubs fan take any pleasure in a regular season win? So what if they win 95-100 games next year? It means absolutely nothing at all because once that first playoff game roles around you start to see a whole new side of the Cubs. I don't even know how these people can go on being Cubs fans, there is absolutely NO pleasure in it anymore.

It is amusing though...They just get swept away and a guy is worrying what people will think of them...won't take them seriously. Who the F cares. It's not a popularity contest out there. It's about winning. And they should be talking about that.

That's another thing@Kalapse. This team might not even be that good next year. This is an aging team with their "core" guys past their prime. They thought they had a stud in RF for the next 3 years, that's obviously not the case. Will they get the career years from guys like Derosa and Dempster that they got this year? Zambrano looks to be slipping. Harden can't go more than five innings. Just a lot of signs point to a huge dropoff next year. I'm talking a drop of 10-15 wins.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
On an unrelated note, I can't believe that the Dodgers were only 84-78 in the regular season. That team is absolutely loaded with talent.

got very hot in september thanks to manny and blake - remember when they couldn't hit to save their lives?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
You know what really sucks? The regular season no longer matters, AT ALL. How can a Cubs fan take any pleasure in a regular season win? So what if they win 95-100 games next year? It means absolutely nothing at all because once that first playoff game roles around you start to see a whole new side of the Cubs. I don't even know how these people can go on being Cubs fans, there is absolutely NO pleasure in it anymore.

I know, isn't that FANTASTIC?? I was thinking about just what you said and that's the funniest part of this, the Cubs fans can never trust what they see in the regular season anymore. I (among others, you probably said it too Kalapse) pointed out that the regular season means nothing once October comes, now Cubs fans painfully realize that. And the scary part for them is, their window is closing. They have no leadoff hitter, than have an albatross LF with a horrible contract that is aging and can't hit good pitching. Their pitching saw several people have career years, as did their lineup (which is getting older fast); years that can't be repeated. Now, the NL Central is probably going to be bad next year as the Cardinals will again be mediocre, the Brewers will be solid but not great, and the Astros likely the same. But the Cubs championship window is getting closer and closer to shutting, and it could shut outright at any moment.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

WOW. I did not expect this. Bigger choke than 2003.

I think you will see an overall drop in enthusiasm from Cub fans next year. Sure they'll still sell out most games and they'll be on their feet every time an opposing player has 2 strikes on him, but until they win the WS, everything else is crap..... and now they know it.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)
WTF is the "pig" on the right side of that graphic doing Murcie? :lolhitting

When all normal methods of meeting women prove fruitless, the man crafts a bear suit and attends a furry convention. He hopes to find a decent looking frog to make out with, but is willing to settle for anything that’s female at this point. As the others point and laugh at his poorly constructed costume, the man hangs his head and weeps.

If we get swept out, I hope to god that Sox fan's don't call in and sound like these morons. It's really pathetic. So far they have turned on "Fonzie", Lou, The entire team, blamed the schedule, blamed inter-league play, Curses...what's next. The weather? Day baseball?