What is your Current State?

rangercal

What is your Current State?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Current State?

• Extremely Nervous
    • Nervous, not as nervous as this last Week
    • Surprisingly Relaxed and Loose

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:08 AM)
Not as nervous as the previous 3 just because its not an elimination game.

I would say I am relaxed for a few reasons..

-Already Winning it all in 2005.

-Eliminating the Twins already makes this season a success no matter what.

-We have Vets vs Young Guns in the Playoffs.

-We are on the road and expected to lose this series. I think the pressure is on the rays to win the first 2 games. All the Sox have to do is Split the first 2 and the Series swings their way.

The team passed the biggest hurdle and exceeded my expectations on multiple levels. Even after those expectations were raised, and after I thought THE.TEAM.WAS.DEAD a week ago. Now I'm just here for the ride. Obviously I want them to win the World Series, but whatever happens from here is a bonus.

Relaxed and excited.

As we saw last night with the Scrubs. In baseball, anyone can win any given day. It is a new season. We've played TB fairly well all season. When we score 4+ runs, we are 4-1 against them. If we score 3 or less, we are 0-5. So our magic number for runs scored is 4.

We also have no expectations. No one is picking us to win the series, and many have us being swept. There is no pressure, just go out, have fun and enjoy the ride.

Lets also hope Vazquez believes today is April 18th.

very relaxed. no one expected us to be here and no one expects us to win the series.

considering what has happened this year and where expectations were coming in to the season, i already consider the year somewhat of a success. not the highest level of success for sure, but considering the circumstances i'm happy with what they've done.

all that said, i'm sure that as soon as the game starts i'll be on edge.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
I would say I am relaxed for a few reasons..

-Already Winning it all in 2005.

-Eliminating the Twins already makes this season a success no matter what.

-We have Vets vs Young Guns in the Playoffs.

-We are on the road and expected to lose this series. I think the pressure is on the rays to win the first 2 games. All the Sox have to do is Split the first 2 and the Series swings their way.

+4

I feel the same way. You hit all the points on the head. ESPN Experts 100% pick the Rays = we are supposed to lose = nothing but upside from series.

Beating the Twins in the pennant race makes the season a resounding success for me.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
I am pretty relaxed. At the start of the season, I just wanted to be able to be interested in the games late in September. I got that and more. Anything the team does from here will just be that much better.

:gosox1:

^

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
Relaxed and excited.

As we saw last night with the Scrubs. In baseball, anyone can win any given day. It is a new season. We've played TB fairly well all season. When we score 4+ runs, we are 4-1 against them. If we score 3 or less, we are 0-5. So our magic number for runs scored is 4.

We also have no expectations. No one is picking us to win the series, and many have us being swept. There is no pressure, just go out, have fun and enjoy the ride.

Lets also hope Vazquez believes today is April 18th.

Wait a second, the Sox are 4 - 6 vs the Rays this year? Why does it seem like they are 1-7 to me?