It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

BobDylan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno if anyone has noticed, or if it has anything to do with the show "declining", but since the end of season two...they've had more people help write episodes for the show. I noticed when Glenn, Rob, and Charlie write an episode, the shows are f***ing hilarious, but when they bring someone in to help write, or none of them are involved, the shows tend to lack.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
I don't think this was the best of the season, but that scene with Dee and Charlie dry-heaving at the comedy club had me rolling on the floor.

"So what's with those hands-free sets? Those are weird huh? BAAHHhhh"

Its like., hey im 1 part robot 3 parts douche-bag bahhhhhh

I watched Seasons 1 and 2 earlier and have to admit I wasn't too impressed. It was good, but many people I know would have you believe the earlier seasons were these untouchable collections of comedic gold. I also wouldn't say it has declined in quality, at all. Several issues:

-I don't really like Danny Devito's character (in this show, and pretty much everything he has ever done)

-Charlie's voice really gets to me. His yelling parts should be limited.

-Pay attention to any episode, and it seems (atleast to me) that every other line on that show is a question. I don't know why I noticed it, maybe it isn't different than any other show, but when I did it stood out. This isn't a direct example from the show, but just the general idea:

"Hey did you lock up the bar?

"What you mean?

"You were supposed to lock up the bar?

Weren't you?

"No. Are you sure you weren't?

This continues for quite awhile.

Even with these small issues, I enjoy the show. What disappointed me was the first two episodes to the series were hilarious. I thought to myself, "wow, everyone was right." Then it dropped down quite a bit. It's still entertaining though, even in its low points.

Oh, and those two gay brothers are the funniest characters on the show.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
I watched Seasons 1 and 2 earlier and have to admit I wasn't too impressed. It was good, but many people I know would have you believe the earlier seasons were these untouchable collections of comedic gold. I also wouldn't say it has declined in quality, at all. Several issues:

-I don't really like Danny Devito's character (in this show, and pretty much everything he has ever done)

-Charlie's voice really gets to me. His yelling parts should be limited.

-Pay attention to any episode, and it seems (atleast to me) that every other line on that show is a question. I don't know why I noticed it, maybe it isn't different than any other show, but when I did it stood out. This isn't a direct example from the show, but just the general idea:

"Hey did you lock up the bar?

"What you mean?

"You were supposed to lock up the bar?

Weren't you?

"No. Are you sure you weren't?

This continues for quite awhile.

Even with these small issues, I enjoy the show. What disappointed me was the first two episodes to the series were hilarious. I thought to myself, "wow, everyone was right." Then it dropped down quite a bit. It's still entertaining though, even in its low points.

Oh, and those two gay brothers are the funniest characters on the show.

To each his own, my friend.

Yeah, I agree. Last nights episode was good. Remove the useless filler scenes where Dee/Charlie visit (and then revist) the cardio instructor and it would have one of the seasons best.

I also watched a good number of Season 3 episodes on HULU earlier and have to say it's far superior than the first two. All 15 aren't available for viewing, but even with the several I've seen I can already made that judgement.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Yeah, I agree. Last nights episode was good. Remove the useless filler scenes where Dee/Charlie visit (and then revist) the cardio instructor and it would have one of the seasons best.

I also watched a good number of Season 3 episodes on HULU earlier and have to say it's far superior than the first two. All 15 aren't available for viewing, but even with the several I've seen I can already made that judgement.

I thought it was pretty funny when they walked back in the instructors room and put the CD in.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Loved the last episode and the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest parody.

Remarkably, De Vito was in that classic some 30+ years ago just to replicate a similar plot in this recent episode.

Tonight's episode was a pile of suck. Not even Bob Dylan could defend it. The entire colonial time flashback seems more of the stunt a show in its 6th/7th season does when it's out of ideas. Hopefully we're not going to experience a clip show anytime soon.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
Tonight's episode was a pile of suck. Not even Bob Dylan could defend it. The entire colonial time flashback seems more of the stunt a show in its 6th/7th season does when it's out of ideas. Hopefully we're not going to experience a clip show anytime soon.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a pile of suck. It's not season 1, 2, or 3 quality but it had its moments. I'm not sure if the new show they're working has anything to do with the drop in quality, but I hope that is the case because those first three seasons were some of the best television I've ever seen.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)

Agreed, easily my LEAST favorite episode of the series.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
The entire colonial time flashback seems more of the stunt a show in its 6th/7th season does when it's out of ideas.

Seeing that there was just a presidential election I thought a show set in 1776 was somewhat appropriate. We're not talking E.R. here.