Texsox

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Did You Vote For?

• Obama / Biden DEM
    • McCain / Palin REP
    • Someone Else
    • I Did Not Vote, Came Here Anyway, Want To See The Results

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
Are you in Acuari or Hinchey's district?

I moved to U-E, and was surprised by how Italian my ballot was.

I voted mostly Dem. Republican on a few local offices.

I never vote in uncontested races.

Arcuri. And Fiala is the county exec in my district

And ya, you'll get that in Endicott

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:05 AM)
I waffled a few times in voting this time. I literally selected McCain and Obama at different times before pushing the bright VOTE button. I really liked both candidates and wish I could have split my vote 51-49 or some such nonsense.

Like many are reporting, as usual we did not have any Republicans running for 95% of the offices here. With a self declared DEM population of roughly 90%, it just isn't worth it. After voting ® Cornyn last time, I switched to (D) Noriega for Senator. I also proudly cast a ballot for my Congressman (D) Hinojosa. Damn fine gentleman who really works hard for South Texas. He has a s***ty, gerrymandered, district (thank you Hammer) and does pretty damn good with it. For those familar with Texas, his district runs from the Mexico border to north of Victoria. About 25 miles wide and 200 miles long. They sliced up South Texas like fajitas.

I am excited to see what Obama will do if elected, and have confidence in McCain. Basically, like many players, I believe Obama has the bigger upside, but also the potential to be a bust. I see McCain as the safe pick, an aging veteran who will keep a steady, albeit, unspectacular hand at the wheel.

:usa

Here in DuPage, we had just the opposite. Many of the positions were uncontested and held by Republicans.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
Just got back. No lines, which was really nice.

One meaningless vote for Obama in Dupage.

BTW, how were your ballots. We colored in boxes with pens. No chads to deal with.

Diebold machine

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
I would say that Iam mostly in agreement with the Republican side on many stances but I had to vote for Obama.The Palin pick decided it for me.That pick was a complete joke.

Don't tell AlphaDog, because that's not a good enough reason for anyone to vote for Obama.