Next minority to become Pres.

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
There is a very real chance that in four to eight years we will have a president of Indian descent in Bobby Jindal

He has to be the clubhouse favorite to be the 2012 nominee now that Sarah Palin has been exposed as a complete jackass.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
There is a very real chance that in four to eight years we will have a president of Indian descent in Bobby Jindal

they were interviewing him on one of the news channels (probably fox but i can't remember) last night ....sounded like he'll run for sure as he said hes going to do some campaigning "for other candidates" in iowa in the coming months...i think he's a smart guy and a good speaker, but he's pretty far right on some social issues that may hurt him

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
Women are minorities?

By default even if not in reality, because one of them has never been a president or even VP before. The definition of "minority" when we talk about the president is very broad, basically anything that's not a white male, which every president in history has been up to now.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
By default even if not in reality, because one of them has never been a president or even VP before. The definition of "minority" when we talk about the president is very broad, basically anything that's not a white male, which every president in history has been up to now.

* A subordinate group whose members have significantly less control or power over their lives than members of a dominant or majority group. Not limited to mathematical minority: example women, Blacks in South Africa...

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
* A subordinate group whose members have significantly less control or power over their lives than members of a dominant or majority group. Not limited to mathematical minority: example women, Blacks in South Africa...

Yeah, this too. :lol:

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 04:15 AM)
I think it will be

Female

Latino

other ethnic minority

homosexual....and this will NEVER happen. Nothing brings people together like homophobia. A guy will hate you for your race, but he might shake your hand for hating gays.

I would never say never, but clearly it could not happen now (which is sad).

I have a hunch that female and homosexual are on the same level. The American people are scared to death of women and homosexuals in positions of power. I have no idea why, but that just seems to be the case and for probably different reasons.

I think Hispanic is the next in line...after that, who knows.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
If a gay is ever elected as president of the united states, I'm moving.

So you're okay with a Don't Ask, Don't Tell presidential policy?

:lolhitting

Your post reminds me of when Harold Washington ran for mayor of Chicago. My brother made this big stink about how if that [epithet] got elected, he was moving out of Chicago the next day.

The day after Washington was elected, my sisters and I placed a copy of the paper and an open suitcase on his bed while he was at work.

He didn't move, and I doubt you would either.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
There are anti-gay memos?

Iran might work.

Intolerance is celebrated there, I hear.

There's a memo for everything: anti-gay, pro-gay, ambivi-gay, TPS Reports, weather, etc.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
If a gay is ever elected as president of the united states, I'm moving.

Fortunately there are a couple countries that share your attitude. Iraq for one. You will have to avoid all of North America, all of South America, and most of Europe. But with all the aid we'll be pumping into Iraq, it should be a very nice place to live. You may also consider Iran, they have no gays either. Enjoy :drink

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 11:04 AM)
I have a hunch that female and homosexual are on the same level. The American people are scared to death of women and homosexuals in positions of power. I have no idea why, but that just seems to be the case and for probably different reasons.

I think Hispanic is the next in line...after that, who knows.

I'd say Hillary and Palin's nominations blow that theory to s***. Didn't you sell all the 'Palin in 2012' signs? Sure they didn't make it to the presidency, but do you see a homosexual even making the ticket? It won't happen for quite a while and that generation will look back on us and laugh. Kind of how we look back and think 'Can you believe there was a time when women and blacks were not allowed to vote??!!'

People evolve, most just aren't there yet.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
I'd say Hillary and Palin's nominations blow that theory to s***. Didn't you sell all the 'Palin in 2012' signs? Sure they didn't make it to the presidency, but do you see a homosexual even making the ticket? It won't happen for quite a while and that generation will look back on us and laugh. Kind of how we look back and think 'Can you believe there was a time when women and blacks were not allowed to vote??!!'

People evolve, most just aren't there yet.

Hey, we don't allow homosexuals to vote do we??!! :o

This became so absurd I can't take it seriously.