Vazquez & Logan Dealt to Braves

Sockin

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
Right-handed pitcher Javier Vazquez has been told he's headed from the Chicago White Sox to the Atlanta Braves in a deal which is likely to be finalized on Wednesday.

Vazquez is flying to Atlanta on Wednesday morning for a physical.

A baseball source told ESPN's Peter Gammons that the deal will include four other players, including reliever Boone Logan, who would also go from the White Sox to the Braves.

Among the players expected to go from Atlanta to the Chicago organization are Jo-Jo Reyes, Brett Lillibridge and another top prospect.

Vazquez, 32, was 12-16 last season for the White Sox with a 4.67 ERA in 33 starts. He struck out 200 batters in 208 1/3 innings.

Logan, a left-handed reliever, was 4-4 with a 5.70 ERA out of the White Sox bullpen last year. He had a 2-3 record in 55 appearances.

Reyes was 3-11 with a 5.81 ERA last season for the Braves. He started 22 games.

Lillibridge appeared in 90 games at Triple-A Richmond in the Braves organization. He hit .220 with four home runs and 39 RBIs.

So there are reports that Reyes is involved, and reports that he is. The key is obviously who the other prospect is.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
addition by subtraction

in boone maybe....but at worst vazquez is a guy who gives you 200 IP and 30 starts a year at league average ERA, with potential to exceed league average ERA...he may not be a #1 starter...but vazquez is a solid 3-4 starter and its gonna be tough to find that out of one of our young pitchers

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Right-handed pitcher Javier Vazquez has been told he's headed from the Chicago White Sox to the Atlanta Braves in a deal which is likely to be finalized on Wednesday.

Vazquez is flying to Atlanta on Wednesday morning for a physical.

A baseball source told ESPN's Peter Gammons that the deal will include four other players, including reliever Boone Logan, who would also go from the White Sox to the Braves.

Among the players expected to go from Atlanta to the Chicago organization are Jo-Jo Reyes, Brett Lillibridge and another top prospect.

Vazquez, 32, was 12-16 last season for the White Sox with a 4.67 ERA in 33 starts. He struck out 200 batters in 208 1/3 innings.

Logan, a left-handed reliever, was 4-4 with a 5.70 ERA out of the White Sox bullpen last year. He had a 2-3 record in 55 appearances.

Reyes was 3-11 with a 5.81 ERA last season for the Braves. He started 22 games.

Lillibridge appeared in 90 games at Triple-A Richmond in the Braves organization. He hit .220 with four home runs and 39 RBIs.

I can't say I'd be too pleased with either Reyes or Lillibridge, but whatever. Kenny knows more than I do...

I can't wait until this thing goes official 'cause I really want to see who we actually get in return.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
jesus christ lillibridge is a bad baseball player

more infatuation with speedy grinder type players with below average power and on base abilities

though at least i think lillibridge does play some D

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
Could this free up for a Furcal signing? I know it said there is a mystery team that needs to swing a deal to make it work with Furcal....just sayin

Depends if we got Escobar as part of the package or not...I guess we'll find out tomorrow.