Ahhhh... A Snow Day

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
I may leave at lunch...depends on when NY starts to get hit with this storm

It's officially my first ever Ice Storm day.

Won't be leaving the house tonight I think.

Hopefully the Subways don't get delayed or anything.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
The subways should be fine depending on where you want/need to go

Yeah hopefully that's the case.

It's just started snowing sideways down here FWIW. They were predictiing it would come at 1PM, not 10:30 according to my boss, so could be quite a lot of accumulation today.

Whenever it snows here in MD, which is a couple of times a year, they kill me. It doesn't snow here as much as it does in Chicago or NYC, but they act like they've never seen it before and start flipping out just like I was talking about in my last post, except here there is no excuse because it isn't the south. They get a snow FORECAST and they close school for the day, wtf? And the afternoon or night before, the lines at grocery stores get long. roffles. The snow slowdown takes all of half a day, they act like it lasts a week.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
Or if you live south of the Mason-Dixon, they flip the f*** out down there b/c they just don't know what to do.

This is what happened here in Las Vegas when it snowed twice this week...chaos!

This kids here had a snow day yesterday and there wasn't even any snow on the ground!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
Whenever it snows here in MD, which is a couple of times a year, they kill me. It doesn't snow here as much as it does in Chicago or NYC, but they act like they've never seen it before and start flipping out just like I was talking about in my last post, except here there is no excuse because it isn't the south. They get a snow FORECAST and they close school for the day, wtf? And the afternoon or night before, the lines at grocery stores get long. roffles. The snow slowdown takes all of half a day, they act like it lasts a week.

I'm finding out that Portland treats snow the same way. I live across the street from a grocery store and that cracked me up.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
Or if you live south of the Mason-Dixon, they flip the f*** out down there b/c they just don't know what to do.

Yeah, at school in Ohio if it snowed an inch school was called off. We even had heated sidewalks and they still shut it down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
Yeah, at school in Ohio if it snowed an inch school was called off. We even had heated sidewalks and they still shut it down.

Haha, like it never snows in Ohio... man, I guess I treated the nonchalant way we handled snow in Chicago for granted.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
Haha, like it never snows in Ohio... man, I guess I treated the nonchalant way we handled snow in Chicago for granted.

Southern ohio is pretty mild, but literally as soon as an inch accumulated, everything shut down. We literally had ZERO plow trucks near school.