2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Just saw that Mariano Rivera picked up his 500th career save. I know it's fashionable to hate all things Yankees. But that dude is the best RP ever! There's not even a debate, IMO.

And his first RBI. Hilarity.

BJ Upton dumped on

I don't know if we don't affix loutish labels for Canadian fans just because they're north of the border, but it's probably time to start including Blue Jays supporters with those of the Phillies, White Sox and Dodgers whenever we unfairly paint fanbases with the broadest of brushes.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:41 PM)
Pujols with 2 more homeruns today. .332 30hr 77rbi 59r 9sb. DeRosa so far isn't making a difference, they do need another bat, because Pujols can't make the team win all by himself.

DeRosa has played 2 games. It's hard to make any kind of difference in two games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 05:12 AM)
DeRosa has played 2 games. It's hard to make any kind of difference in two games.

3 games. He is 0-9 and possibly injured. I know it's early, but you gotta think that DeRosa alone wasn't gonna boost that offense.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
3 games. He is 0-9 and possibly injured. I know it's early, but you gotta think that DeRosa alone wasn't gonna boost that offense.

And Cubs fans were freaking out...HAH.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
puke, why do i watch ATH? Why? 2 jackasses agreed with Paige that Wrigley was better than US cellular, and stated that US Cell is the worst park in baseball.

Is Hineybird's idiocy rubbing off on Paige?

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
puke, why do i watch ATH? Why? 2 jackasses agreed with Paige that Wrigley was better than US cellular, and stated that US Cell is the worst park in baseball.

You must have missed Jackie McMullen or Mullen (the female reporter from Boston) saying that the Cubs were always the dominant team in Chicago and how White Sox fans have had to suffer with that. Depending on people's age on the board, they know that the Cubs have not always been the dominant team in Chicago, more poor ESPN "facts"

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Wow, Rasmus just hit an absolute bomb off of Asshole Bobby Howry to win it for the Cardinals.

That AB would have killed the Hawk if it was against the Sox... Kung Fu Panda dropped a catachable foul ball then on 2-2 there was an extremely close pitch (ESPN's gimmick said it was a strike) that was called a ball.