JOE.CREDE. = Twinkie

Kyyle23

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Alright lets just wait till halfway through the season when everyone is whining and crying that we need Crede back!

Only a few will do that. And they will conveniently gloss over the back injury that forced him to miss about a season and a half in the last 4 years.

Geddovait

He Gawn

Alright lets just wait till halfway through the season when everyone is whining and crying that we need Crede back!

Much as I liked Crede and still do, there is no way it made any sense to bring him back. With his very serious injury risk, and the fact that we have two talented guys ready to fill the position, bringing back Crede just wasn't a good idea.

Not on this board. If anything, snce his injury and of course during his free agent year, there's been more of an anti Crede sentiment than positive sentiment on here. At least that's the way I've felt.

I got ripped a new one for suggesting to me that he's Brooks Robinson on defense.

Nobody's going to long for him coming back even if Fields sucks. This is like Maggs with Detroit. Nobody's all worked up about it when he plays against us all the time, although it does suck when ex-Sox kick our ass.

Maggs hasn't been too much of a Sox killer; I have a feeling Joe will be one though.

I generally don't want players that are on the disabled list on my team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
I got ripped a new one for suggesting to me that he's Brooks Robinson on defense.

Deservedly so. Joe is a good defender, but Brooks Robinson was one of the greatest defenders at 3B of all time, and Joe's not even the best in AL (and arguably the AL Central) when he's playing 100%.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
If the Twins made the World Series and won it, I wouldn't care at all. I can't say that would be even close to being true about the Cubs. The Twins are our rival...the Cubs are our enemy.

Honestly, that's really sad. You wouldn't care that our main rival won the World Series? The Twins are our competition if we ever want to win anything. The Cubs? 6 games.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
Honestly, that's really sad. You wouldn't care that our main rival won the World Series? The Twins are our competition if we ever want to win anything. The Cubs? 6 games.

It's pretty much an opinionated argument. You go to school in Minnesota and fathom works in the greater Chicago area. It's pretty apparent as to why he would not want the Cubs to win and you would not want the Twins to win.

Personally, I hate the s*** out of both of them.

I really wouldn't care if any AL Central team won the World Series. I was cheering for Cleveland in '07, if the Sox aren't good enough to make the playoffs I'm not going cheer against the Twins, Tigers or Indians even if they are the main competition during the regular season. Am I suppose to despise them? Because I don't. Sure I don't want any of them to win the division but once they do I'm not going to prey they get pummeled by the Red Sox or Yankees, two teams that are FAR more unlikeable.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)

You have to live/lived in Chicago to truly understand. It's about WAYYYYYYY more than the 6 measly games we play against them.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Wow, its so obvious you arent from here.

No kidding. When your team is treated like a WNBA team while the Cubs are the Chicago version of the Yankees and Red Sox combined, you start to really despise the Cubs and their fans.

I think the amount of hate White Sox fans have for the Cubs is annoying and stupid. The Cubs series means absolutely nothing in the context of baseball, and it has basically nothing to do with our team making or missing the playoffs. The games against the Twins, on the other hand, actually have relevance to our playoff chances and should be considered much more important than the six games against the Cubs. I do realize that Cub fans are annoying, but that has absolutely no impact on whether or not our team is successful.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
I think the amount of hate White Sox fans have for the Cubs is annoying and stupid. The Cubs series means absolutely nothing in the context of baseball, and it has basically nothing to do with our team making or missing the playoffs. The games against the Twins, on the other hand, actually have relevance to our playoff chances and should be considered much more important than the six games against the Cubs. I do realize that Cub fans are annoying, but that has absolutely no impact on whether or not our team is successful.

Baseball is more than just the game on the field. I'll leave it at that before I go into some mushy rant about how baseball is a lifestyle for some, yada yada. The Sox-Cubs rivalry is among the best in the majors, and is very easily the best interleague rivalry there is.

Thats your perspective. I assure you people from here think the opposite.

Please realize that after we got swept in the first 3 games at Wrigley, that if we lost any of the following 3 games at the Cell........we wouldn't have won the divisions and wouldn't have made the playoffs. I realize that the 19 other games against the Twins are much more important. But please do not state that "The Cubs series means absolutely nothing in the context of baseball, and it has basically nothing to do with our team making or missing the playoffs." Clearly that statement is not very intelligent as you can pick out any game and make the conclusion that all 162 games are important! That is the truth......Cubs fan or not!

I live in the NW Suburbs, aka Cubby heaven. I still dont hate the Cubs like everyone else does, I actually enjoy watching them sometimes. The two teams that I do not care for at all are the Yankees/Redsox. I also root for AL Central teams especially in the playoffs if the Whitesox are not affected by it. Although the Twins do annoy me sometimes, it helps Brad Radke, Torri Hunter, and AJ Pierynzski arent playing for them anymore.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Please realize that after we got swept in the first 3 games at Wrigley, that if we lost any of the following 3 games at the Cell........we wouldn't have won the divisions and wouldn't have made the playoffs. I realize that the 19 other games against the Twins are much more important. But please do not state that "The Cubs series means absolutely nothing in the context of baseball, and it has basically nothing to do with our team making or missing the playoffs." Clearly that statement is not very intelligent as you can pick out any game and make the conclusion that all 162 games are important! That is the truth......Cubs fan or not!

Oh, each game is important and could be the difference between being in the playoffs or not? I didn't realize that, thanks. I thought the league only counted the ones that we deemed important and the other ones were just for fun.

And no, I'm not a Cub fan. I don't know where you got that idea.

Edited by Felix

It is a great rivalry, and I do like it just a little extra when the Sox beat them. It is a matter of pride for many Chicagoans. Though, I also am not a huge hater. I'll go to a Cubs game now and then, and have a good time, because I love baseball. The extremes in this argument make me laugh. Some people seem to actually hate the Cubs more than they love the Sox, and others seem clueless as to the reality of an intracity rivalry. Weird.

I grew up not even caring about the Cubs. In fact, I didn't even know the Chicago Cubs the franchise existed until I was maybe 7 or 8 years old, that's how Sox-centric it was. I even rooted for the Cubs in 2003 because the Sox missed the playoffs and I had some friends who were really great non-Sox-hating Cub fans who I wanted to see happy. It wasn't until I started to catch s*** from some d-bag Cub fans at work and so on for wearing Sox gear that I began to dislike the fans. I still didn't even loathe the Cubs team itself until I noticed "the greatest fans in the world" throwing their garbage all over CF during one game I attended. Once I realized that the Cubs organization practically encouraged that behavior by mentioning it so light-heartedly on-air, and how they do still encourage throwing baseballs back by calling it "tradition," then I began to hate the Cubs and wish years and years of pitiful failure upon them.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 27, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
I grew up not even caring about the Cubs. In fact, I didn't even know the Chicago Cubs the franchise existed until I was maybe 7 or 8 years old, that's how Sox-centric it was. I even rooted for the Cubs in 2003 because the Sox missed the playoffs and I had some friends who were really great non-Sox-hating Cub fans who I wanted to see happy. It wasn't until I started to catch s*** from some d-bag Cub fans at work and so on for wearing Sox gear that I began to dislike the fans. I still didn't even loathe the Cubs team itself until I noticed "the greatest fans in the world" throwing their garbage all over CF during one game I attended. Once I realized that the Cubs organization practically encouraged that behavior by mentioning it so light-heartedly on-air, and how they do still encourage throwing baseballs back by calling it "tradition," then I began to hate the Cubs and wish years and years of pitiful failure upon them.

i think thats why most sox fans hate the cubs bcuz i was the same. i didnt dislike the cubs, i just liked the sox, but its when the cub fans start talking crap that u learn to dislike them. vise versa too