i am drunk in 2009

Heads22

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 05:41 AM)
so i was tryin to pee in a bottle on the wqy home and i peed on mtyself, not quite peed in my pants but i did pee on my pants because of overflow

The level of openness and candor in the drunk thread is quite high, isn't it?

:lolhitting

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
3 people. 2 nights.

2632_1064163641106_1136430043_30208283_4

16 40's, 6 boulevard stouts, 4 tall stones, 3 mad dogs, 2 1/5ths

argh.

Burnetts Vodka, eh? I didn't know anyone outside of Michigan heard of it. It's sooooo s***ty, yet so cheap.

EDIT: Just saw this...2 nights? Weak.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)
Burnetts Vodka, eh? I didn't know anyone outside of Michigan heard of it. It's sooooo s***ty, yet so cheap.

EDIT: Just saw this...2 nights? Weak.

Burnetts is absolute garbage.

I love it when people call out other people for how much they drank (or didn't drink). You're so much more of a man because you call a man who destroyed his liver for 2 days 'weak.'

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
Burnetts is absolute garbage.

I love it when people call out other people for how much they drank (or didn't drink). You're so much more of a man because you call a man who destroyed his liver for 2 days 'weak.'

Well if you're going to brag about how much you drank in the 1st place, you deserve to get ripped. I'm one of those guys who doesn't give a s*** how much you drink, but if you're going to brag, brag about something good. Has nothing to do with me being more of a man.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Well if you're going to brag about how much you drank in the 1st place, you deserve to get ripped. I'm one of those guys who doesn't give a s*** how much you drink, but if you're going to brag, brag about something good. Has nothing to do with me being more of a man.

it's like 62 beers, the Mad Dogs, and the 2 bottles of vodka too. That's actually quite impressive.

Although I saw Bud Light 40's, and those generally tend to run in the 32 ounce form rather than 40 ounces. Either way, it would get you f***ed up.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)

Really not that big of a deal to me, but I do find it funny. It's such an odd thing to brag/rip about. Carry on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Although I saw Bud Light 40's, and those generally tend to run in the 32 ounce form rather than 40 ounces. Either way, it would get you f***ed up.

But you couldn't truly play Edward Forty-Hands with the 32-ouncers, you'd just have to make due playing Edward Quarty-Hands.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
But you couldn't truly play Edward Forty-Hands with the 32-ouncers, you'd just have to make due playing Edward Quarty-Hands.

Bud Light is my beer, but I had to resort to drinking Miller High Life when we did Edward 40-hands not that long ago because I didn't want to be the guy drinking 32-ounce bottles and I wasn't about to do it with Coors Light.

I cant do edward 40 hands, the 2nd bottle gets way too f***ing warm. might have something to do with me playing it with 2 mickeys :/

at some point one of us had the brilliant idea of creating a "devil dog", which is mad dog + burnetts. I dont remember it making me throw up, but this will still require further evaluation~

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
I like a few bullys, their porter, but I prefer Shlafly. They have some great stouts.

The American micro with the best, most diverse, and most consistently top-notch porters and stouts? It's Bell's, hands down.

If you like their java Stout and still see it on the shelves anywhere, pick it up. They're not scheduled to brew it at all in 2009.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 12:53 AM)
The American micro with the best, most diverse, and most consistently top-notch porters and stouts? It's Bell's, hands down.

If you like their java Stout and still see it on the shelves anywhere, pick it up. They're not scheduled to brew it at all in 2009.

I'm not going to argue because I love bell's diversity. What's that summer ale with the sun, omicron ale? Cherry stout is great as well.

While in Colorado I really enjoyed the Breckenridge brewery.

But for me, I really think New Belgium and Rogue are my tops right now. Dead Guy Ale is fantastic...unbelievable.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
I'm not going to argue because I love bell's diversity. What's that summer ale with the sun, omicron ale? Cherry stout is great as well.

While in Colorado I really enjoyed the Breckenridge brewery.

But for me, I really think New Belgium and Rogue are my tops right now. Dead Guy Ale is fantastic...unbelievable.

Oberon.

And their Hopslam this year is out of this world.

I'm not suggesting Bell's is the best overall US micro (of the ones that get wide distribution), although they are quite good. As far as porters and stouts though, their brewmasters know what they are doing.

We only recently started getting the Stone line here, so right now i can't get enough Arrogant Bastard and Ruination IPA. Garrett Oliver keeps turning out amazing small batch offerings at Brooklyn, Dogfish Head is hit and miss for me right now with their specialty stuff, and Alagash has put out some really good stuff as well. I'm also totally impressed with Lagunitas so far.

Dead Guy is always a good pint. . . an old friend like Sierra Pale. Sadly, we don't get New Belgium here, but we get Great Divide and a good bit of Avery's stuff now too.

I'm wishy washy on avery. i'm glad I tried it, wouldn't visit it, and likely wouldn't order it.

I'm becoming really interested in the triple ferm. beers. I first had them in belgium, and they were very bitter. But rogue put out some triple beers that were delicious. At first I found them to be a novelty but now I think it adds to the beer.