i am drunk in 2009

Heads22

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bada Bing! Bada boom! So about that girl I drunk wrote about the other night... things are looking good. Her ex was harassing her a bit at the bar tonight and she was a a little upset, so I got a buddy to talk to the guy and I don't know what he said, but her ex left immediately. I love having badass friends. Anyway, she definitely likes me. Now it's just a matter of continuing things. I don't mean to sound childish or homo, but she kissed me tonight and I felt on top of the world. Her mom was in town, actually, so when I walked her back to her apartment, I met the mother and she was cool too. Her mom is one of those who will go out to the bars and drink, so she's totally cool. Hopefully I passed the parent test... lol

Jimbo, this was really for you, buddy. Since you took the time to reply to my last drunk-ass post about this girl, I thought I'd give an update.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 04:03 AM)
Bada Bing! Bada boom! So about that girl I drunk wrote about the other night... things are looking good. Her ex was harassing her a bit at the bar tonight and she was a a little upset, so I got a buddy to talk to the guy and I don't know what he said, but her ex left immediately. I love having badass friends. Anyway, she definitely likes me. Now it's just a matter of continuing things. I don't mean to sound childish or homo, but she kissed me tonight and I felt on top of the world. Her mom was in town, actually, so when I walked her back to her apartment, I met the mother and she was cool too. Her mom is one of those who will go out to the bars and drink, so she's totally cool. Hopefully I passed the parent test... lol

Jimbo, this was really for you, buddy. Since you took the time to reply to my last drunk-ass post about this girl, I thought I'd give an update.

:headbang Awesome.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 04:03 AM)

good work Bro!!

I agree on absinthe being overrated, although I'm not a huge fan of anisette flavored licquers. If you do it the traditional way with the sugar cube and maybe 4 parts cold water to one part absinthe it's drinkable, although not my favorite.

On the other hand, 6 drops of absinthe or Pernod (or herbsaint) in any cocktail containing dark rum does an amazing job of opening up the flavors in the drink. That's an old Don the Beachcomber trick and it's worth keeping a bottle around for.

If I had posted here last night, the result would have been awesome. Instead, I spent an hour puking in my bathroom that I don't remember. I was ridiculous last night and I didn't even set out to get drunk. I had my first whiskey drink at 11:15 pm, and 4 hours later I was blackout. I felt like death when I woke up at 12:30 today. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was still drunk.

The Unites States is one of about 10 countries in the world with a legal drinking age over 18. The others...

Canada - 19

Paraguay - 20

Armenia - 21

Japan - 20

Oman - 21

South Korea - 19

United Arab Emirates - 21

Iceland - 20

Fiji - 21

Palau - 21

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
The Unites States is one of about 10 countries in the world with a legal drinking age over 18. The others...

Canada - 19

Paraguay - 20

Armenia - 21

Japan - 20

Oman - 21

South Korea - 19

United Arab Emirates - 21

Iceland - 20

Fiji - 21

Palau - 21

what else are you supposed to do in Iceland?

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 01:13 AM)
what else are you supposed to do in Iceland?

Watch volcanos create new islands?

I'm sure Balta can correct my horrible overgeneralization, but in my defense, I learned that in a class that Balta himself probably took back in the day.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
The only reason I drank it was because it was free.

Very, very strong though.

Strong tasting, yes, and distilled usually up to 150 proof so high alcohol out of the bottle (some brands are lower, and historically many brands were lower). But if you drank it in the traditional manner you would have diluted it somewhere between 3:1 and 5:1 with cold water, so that cuts the absolute strength of the drink way down.

I absolutely love the louche effect - the clouding of the drink when the water is added. I just wish i enjoyed the flavor of the drink a little more, because the preparation ritual is quite neat.

I have been getting into New Orleans sazarac cocktails, a rye whiskey drink that starts with a chilled glass coated with a bit of absinthe or Pernod that is then discarded before the rest of the ingredients are added. It leaves just a hint of the absinthe flavor to complement the rest of the flavors. Historically, the sazarac cocktail may be the first American cocktail, so if there are any budding urban anthropologists out there you should give this one a spin.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 30, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
Watch volcanos create new islands?

I'm sure Balta can correct my horrible overgeneralization, but in my defense, I learned that in a class that Balta himself probably took back in the day.

You can also bankrupt the country.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Anyone ever drink a box of wine?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
yes...but you don't drink it with the box. Pull the bladder out and play slap the bladder. It's awesome.

What sorority are you girls a part of?