i am drunk in 2009

Heads22

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 03:53 AM)
A health nut wouldn't be eating deepdish pizza at 2 in the morning fool

Damn, TRU pwned my ass and I didn't even realize it. lol. I think I passed out shortly after that last post. And, yes, eating anything at 2 in the morning isn't exactly healthy. But alcohol+dro=one hungry motherf***er.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 01:15 AM)
Had some legit absinthe last night, and found out a ton of interesting info about it from my buddies dad, who is a huge enthusiast.

I love the history and the wormwood lore surrounding the stuff, I love the louche (cloudiness) when water is added, but it remains a less than favorite drink for me. I can do it the traditional way with the sugar cube and cut 4- or 5-to-1 with water, but any other way and it's just too much overpowering anise flavor for me – like somebody just force-fed me a case of Good N' Plentys.

:wacko:

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 12:20 AM)
I received a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 for my birthday, very good stuff.

Yeah, at $45 a bottle, getting the Zacapa as a gift is much preferable to buying it.

My birthday is coming up, by the way, in case teh SoxTalk community at large is wondering what to get me. ;)

Damn, TRU pwned my ass and I didn't even realize it. lol. I think I passed out shortly after that last post. And, yes, eating anything at 2 in the morning isn't exactly healthy. But alcohol+dro=one hungry motherf***er.

Haha.. welcome to my cool list Jordan. That was me 4-5 years ago.. Damn I miss high school. :( And like Steve said in another thread, ima chill out on the drinking for a while.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I love the history and the wormwood lore surrounding the stuff, I love the louche (cloudiness) when water is added, but it remains a less than favorite drink for me. I can do it the traditional way with the sugar cube and cut 4- or 5-to-1 with water, but any other way and it's just too much overpowering anise flavor for me – like somebody just force-fed me a case of Good N' Plentys.

:wacko:

A properly louched absinthe is incredible.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
A properly louched absinthe is incredible.

Ouzo, Pernod, Herbsaint I think, and some other anise liqueurs will louche with water as well - there's some pretty neat chemistry going on there for sure.

The wormwood as hallucinogen and/or or destroyer of Victorian-Age gentlemen was always overblown to mythical proportions, but damn, between the slotted spoon and the dissolving the sugar with cold water poured from a specialty decanter, etc., it's definitely a ritualized preparation on par with something you'd expect from an opium den.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 12:44 AM)
Ouzo, Pernod, Herbsaint I think, and some other anise liqueurs will louche with water as well - there's some pretty neat chemistry going on there for sure.

The wormwood as hallucinogen and/or or destroyer of Victorian-Age gentlemen was always overblown to mythical proportions, but damn, between the slotted spoon and the dissolving the sugar with cold water poured from a specialty decanter, etc., it's definitely a ritualized preparation on par with something you'd expect from an opium den.

My friend's father is a member of this giant absinthe loving organization and he came by last week and we enjoyed a few drinks. He explained to me the process of the louche and what exactly it does. The gist is of it is that the louche process separates the oils in the absinthe, which is where all the potent stuff is. The green fairy is non-existent, but the good stuff does have you tweak out.

dear soxtalk, i hope u know that i love every one of u guys lke ur my brothwer, seriously i feel like ive met every one if u

BWHAHAHAHA!!!! thats me right there everytime I'm drunk with my friends. I probably say I love you to sooo many people (guys and girls) that usually I mostly never say. (then promptly after the love-fest, I get into an altercation with some dude I don't even know :lol:)

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 1, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
dear soxtalk, i hope u know that i love every one of u guys lke ur my brothwer, seriously i feel like ive met every one if u

You need to play more COD WaW

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 2, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)
BWHAHAHAHA!!!! thats me right there everytime I'm drunk with my friends. I probably say I love you to sooo many people (guys and girls) that usually I mostly never say. (then promptly after the love-fest, I get into an altercation with some dude I don't even know :lol:)

Hahaha I'm the same way except I never get in a fight. I'm really peaceful when I'm drunk. Btw, last night was the drunkest I've ever been, and I am very happy to share my drunk thoughts with all of you last night.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2009 -> 04:23 AM)
My manifesro:,

Scotty Pods is the fucjing man you f***ing suns o b****s c*** dickslickers he is the bes best pltyer weven ever hsad

Theres nothing crazier than pods luv. One homer in the playoofs and he isa god. am i rite?