What's Your Field of Study?

Texsox

I just realized we probably have every college in a university covered around here. It is an amazing mix of smart people, something you would not get on say a NASCAR site.

So how about a roll call. What formal or informal field of study are/were you in?

I will have, Lord willing, by May 6th of this year B.A.s in English Lit and Psychology.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I majored in radio broadcasting with an "unfinished" minor in non-linear video editing from Columbia College in Chicago.

I currently work as technology coordinator at the church i grew up in. My responsibilities include computer and network maintenance, website design and maintenance, over site of the sound and video ministries... and well, i deal with just about anything that gets plugged into a wall.

How long does it take to get a JD? What kind of background do you need to get accepted to law school?

add: Right now I'm at an online school (American Military University) majoring in Intelligence Operations with a concentration on Terrorism Studies. I finish October 2009 at my current pace. I have a 4.0 right now and once I turn in this paper for my current class I'll have 97 credit hours.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
How long does it take to get a JD? What kind of background do you need to get accepted to law school?

add: Right now I'm at an online school (American Military University) majoring in Intelligence Operations with a concentration on Terrorism Studies. I finish October 2009 at my current pace. I have a 4.0 right now and once I turn in this paper for my current class I'll have 97 credit hours.

3 years for law degree, and there is no "needed" major.

You have to score well on the LSAT.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 10:40 AM)
BA Political Science, minors in History, American Indian Studies

MBA, emphasis in Finance and Investments

Can you go for an MBA without much prior related coursework in undergrad?

I'm thinking if I go back to school, that may be the route I'd wanna take.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
Can you go for an MBA without much prior related coursework in undergrad?

I'm thinking if I go back to school, that may be the route I'd wanna take.

Different schools are different. Many high end schools could care less about your undergrad field or grades, and care most about your work experience (some require X number of years of full time professional work for entry). Some programs, its all about the GMAT score. Others care about undergrad grades.

Just make sure you do well on the GMAT.