ST Game: 3/02 Sox vs. Mariners (2:05 CT)

joejoesox

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
For all the bashing of the Alexei was the best 2B in the AL statement, I thought he meant defensively only. I believe you have at least an argument in that case.

I don't think he was anywhere near the best, I thought he was at times spectacular but overall disappointing probably because he had never played there before. The numbers suggest he was one of the worst.

If he had called him the most spectacular defender at the position he'd have a case.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Ramirez make more errors than an 2B in the AL in the second half of the season? I'll agree he COULD have been the best defensive 2B in the AL...but he didn't end up that way. Personally, I think he just wore down over the long season and had some concentration lapses, usually on routine plays. Don't think you can conclusively say he was the best, it can be argued I suppose.

Platooning Anderson and Owens? WHAT? Bill, please stop breathing so heavily, you're worrying us.

Not such good baserunning today by AJ or Fields...too much admiring the ball and hoping for the homer AJ, and not enough hustle.

Edited by caulfield12

AJ was out by so far, it wasn't even close...reminiscing about Top Gun with Kenny Loggins playing, that movie's close to 25 years old now, isn't it?

Beckham in the game now for Alexei, and Lucy getting some PT finally.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Slayer at SS. Jenks in to pitc. Donny Lucy with a triumphant return behind the plate and Santos at SS

You know, it really is. There was a lot of talk of his catching career being over after his dislocated knee cap last season. I'm glad he was able to recover and make it back behind the plate, all of his value as a baseball player comes from his catching ability.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Lillibridge at 2B, Beckham at SS, Sergio Santos at 3B.

Would be nice to see Escobar once at SS, but he's really too young. We definitely won't be seeing Silverio.

Seems like every year, right before the end of spring training they bring up some guys from the minor league camp to get a look at them.

But they have to thin the herd a little first... figure out the primary battles before giving at-bats and innings to guys from the lower minors.

Edited by scenario