Sox and Angels, 3:05 pm CT

Jimmywins1

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
They have to be getting direction on how they handle certain questions, because there is no way their two eyes watch the owens and wise fast out show and think this is major league quality.

YES! Oh god yes.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
They have to be getting direction on how they handle certain questions, because there is no way their two eyes watch the owens and wise fast out show and think this is major league quality.

What do these same sheep -- I mean fine commentators -- say if Ozzie does go with a Getz/Ramirez/Quentin 1/2/3 to start the season? How can they retain any credibility if they go back on what they're so adamantly proposing right now? f***ing shills.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Your Dweezy hate sickens me.. but also makes sense. I approve.

I love it. Convert the non-believers. Plus, whenever someone pipes up about how he's the answer, Kalapse does it for me better than I could and saves me the effort.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
I love you Chris Getz, you are a man amongst speedy children.

The funny thing, is when Kenny talked about grinders a few years back, guys who play hard and play the game the right way. Guys like Getz is what I thought he had in mind. Yet in the sox view grinders are guys who either play out of position who happened to play football or are fast guys who constantly ground out to the 2nd baseman.

I think the team is trying to keep the pressure off of Getz by feeding the media and everyone all kinds of s*** about the pressure he will be under. This spring is only adding ot his confidence and helping him out.

On April 6th he will be the first White Sox to step to the plate and Brian Anderson will be in center.

The radio talk about Wise and Getz made those guys sound like buffons. Owens and Wise have zero upside. This is not like Swisher last year where he had some sort of success that did not translate. Getz at worst will be Owens and Wise.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
I think the team is trying to keep the pressure off of Getz by feeding the media and everyone all kinds of s*** about the pressure he will be under. This spring is only adding ot his confidence and helping him out.

On April 6th he will be the first White Sox to step to the plate and Brian Anderson will be in center.

The radio talk about Wise and Getz made those guys sound like buffons. Owens and Wise have zero upside. This is not like Swisher last year where he had some sort of success that did not translate. Getz at worst will be Owens and Wise.

Getz played 15 games in LF in 2008 with Charlotte, but that is the sum total of his minor league OF experience. He maybe could become a CF, but, even under the best circumstances, it would take some time to get acclimated.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
Getz played 15 games in LF in 2008 with Charlotte, but that is the sum total of his minor league OF experience. He maybe could become a CF, but, even under the best circumstances, it would take some time to get acclimated.

Sorry for not being clearer I did not infer that Getz would move to center instead that he would hit lead-off instead of the buffons that they are trying to force in there.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Sorry for not being clearer I did not infer that Getz would move to center instead that he would hit lead-off instead of the buffons that they are trying to force in there.

That's weird, I had thought you suggested it, but maybe I responded to the wrong post.

I fully agree with you that Getz is a better leadoff option than any of the CF candidates.