• Yes, and start him in center
    • Yes, good depth.
    • OMG No all he does is strike out
    • Results

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)
So what you're saying is that back in say '05 they put a nice premium on defense with above average defenders at 3B, SS and CF but now put more of a premium on offense since they've replaced those players with lesser defensive talent (with "lesser" being a very, very generous word) with more offensive upside (sans Wise)?

Pretty much yeah.

Back in 05 also, we weren't paying the likes of Jenks, Buehrle etc. what we're paying now, and with the economy and all, unfortunately there hasn't been any extra $$$ to find an upgrade in CF.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
Pretty much yeah.

Back in 05 also, we weren't paying the likes of Jenks, Buehrle etc. what we're paying now, and with the economy and all, unfortunately there hasn't been any extra $$$ to find an upgrade in CF.

I strongly disagree with every single word that you have ever said in your entire life.....completely.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 12:36 PM)
He was released today.

He looked good in Spring Training... including against us. He had a .381 OBP.

I know he's not exactly Torii Hunter in CF (or even remotely so), but it's time to re-marry the ex, so to speak. Many will be against me in this, but I ask you... for leading off for the White Sox, do you prefer Pods or Wise?

Easy answer in my book.

Interesting thing, we were at a spring training Rockies/Mariners game this past Friday and saw Pods jog by and Shipps said, Scotty, we need you in Chicago, and he said "I'm Ready". He'd be a significant upgrade over the dogs*** we have in CF currently.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
Defense has always been a premium for the Sox.

Wise isn't a gold glover by any means, but he is better than Podsednik and the likes of Mackowiak who we've had before for starters.

Are you kidding me? Wise is horrendous defensively, both in LF and CF. He's not different than Pods, who also sucks ass defensively.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
I strongly disagree with every single word that you have ever said in your entire life.....completely.

That makes me feel a hell of a lot better then. ;)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Are you kidding me? Wise is horrendous defensively, both in LF and CF. He's not different than Pods, who also sucks ass defensively.

I know they both suck. I think Wise sucks a little less than Pods though.

Both they are both terrible pretty much.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
I know they both suck. I think Wise sucks a little less than Pods though.

Both they are both terrible pretty much.

Pods can take a walk. Wise currently has better speed and more power. That's about your difference IMO.

I would really hate to see Pods' reputation further diminished by bringing him back to Chicago one time too many. I would much rather have Willie Harris on the ballclub than Pods, but neither of them would be anything but the last player off the bench and recipients of 100-150 at bats in the most optimistic rose-colored glasses scenario.

Pods wasn't a credible threat on the basepaths in 2006, why he would be even better three years later is beyond me...and he's had diminishing OPS numbers in a progressive fashion over the last three years, which is why his good ST performance is being dismissed by the Rockies' front office.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
I'd bring Pods back and send him to the minors in case Wise doesn't succeed. Pods > Owens. If Pods can't land with a major league team, the Sox would make sense due to the unsettled CF and leadoff hitter situation. Besides, he's a legacy, we gotta let him in. We'll call him Flounder.

Hey. another quote from Animal House besides "was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor." I like it ! As far as Pods goes... THAT. SHIP. HAS. SAILED.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
He was released today.

He looked good in Spring Training... including against us. He had a .381 OBP.

I know he's not exactly Torii Hunter in CF (or even remotely so), but it's time to re-marry the ex, so to speak. Many will be against me in this, but I ask you... for leading off for the White Sox, do you prefer Pods or Wise?

Easy answer in my book.

Since we're bumping threads... can I get some props on this? :headbang