Glenn Beck

Reddy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox's Glenn Beck announces comedy tour

Glenn Beck, Fox News Channel's latest sensation, is taking a comedy show on the road for six live performances over six days during the first week of June.

Beck calls his act a "poor man's Seinfeld" and intends to mix topical humor with his modern-day reimagining of Thomas Paine's 1776 pamphlet "Common Sense."

The radio and TV talk show host will start June 1 in Denver, then perform in theaters in Phoenix, San Diego, Kansas City, Houston and Richmond, Va., over the next five days, he said.

Beck has done such live performances in the past, most recently during the downtime between his departure from CNN's HLN network and joining Fox's schedule in January.

Isnt his current show on Fox already classified as a comedy?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 14, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Do you have ODS?

I guess his metaphors are kinda crazy if you just cut it up into tidbits and distort everything he says.

I knew your post was garbage when I clicked on the video and it was created by Media Matters. Honestly, what was the point of posting that?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:41 AM)
I guess his metaphors are kinda crazy if you just cut it up into tidbits and distort everything he says.

I knew your post was garbage when I clicked on the video and it was created by Media Matters. Honestly, what was the point of posting that?

No kidding. And while I think Beck is just a sensationalist, be real -- a media matters video?!

Get more biased why don't ya.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:38 AM)
Get more biased why don't ya.

Because nothing's more biased than showing someone's actual words as a method of proving what they said. :lolhitting We all know that Media Matters has CGI versions of Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity that they use to generate their smears.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
Because nothing's more biased than showing someone's actual words as a method of proving what they said. :lolhitting We all know that Media Matters has CGI versions of Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity that they use to generate their smears.

Cut, edit, cut, edit, cut, copy, edit...

OMG, HE HATES AMERICA!

At least when most of the clowns like Rush and Hannity do something, they let the whole clip play and then comment.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
At least when most of the clowns like Rush and Hannity do something, they let the whole clip play and then comment.

So, if I go through and find a dozen examples from this week of MMFA playing the whole clip of something they deemed controversial, and giving the transcript, I assume you'll issue a formal apology to MMFA and endorse all of their other productions for meeting your standard?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)

We all know that Media Matters use biased smears

your exact words, slightly modified. I'M A JOURNALIST NOW! WEE!

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
I'd ask for evidence but I realize your evidence is in your gut and hollow cranium.

that sounds like a personal attack. those aren't allowed in here.

Edited by mr_genius