White Sox versus Twins April 11th game thread 3:05, FOX

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Bart, please give me an Easter miracle today and pitch a solid game.

I'm fine with a loss today if Bartolo can show some life on his pitches. The most disturbing thing about yesterday's game wasn't the final score, but rather how little life Contreras had on his fastball. Unless Jose's mythological cutter makes an appearance, I can't see him having any success against lefty hitters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
I'm fine with a loss today if Bartolo can show some life on his pitches. The most disturbing thing about yesterday's game wasn't the final score, but rather how little life Contreras had on his fastball. Unless Jose's mythological cutter makes an appearance, I can't see him having any success against lefty hitters.

I don't think either will be consistent right away. Contreras was out for 7 or 8 months and is basically in week 3 or 4 of his spring training. Same with Colon. I would expect any postives out of them the first month of the season to be gravy. If it gets to the middle of May and they aren't near what they were, its time to plan for 2010.

We could be on a 4 game losing streak after today. And really, we were one Thome hit away from being 0-4 to start the season, looking at the possibility of 0-5 today. Certainly not the way I hoped we'd start out...especially with the rest of the division playing just as poorly.

I'm gonna be pissed if we see Getz and A.J. out of the lineup. However, we'll probably see a lineup of:

1. Anderson, CF

2. Fields, 3B

3. Quentin, LF

4. Thome, DH

5. Dye, RF

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Miller, C

9. Lillibridge/Betemit, 2B

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
I'm gonna be pissed if we see Getz and A.J. out of the lineup. However, we'll probably see a lineup of:

1. Anderson, CF

2. Fields, 3B

3. Quentin, LF

4. Thome, DH

5. Dye, RF

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Miller, C

9. Lillibridge/Betemit, 2B

I'll gladly go a game with AJP out of the lineup.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
FOX Sports Game of the week

Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Kenny Albert, Eric Karros, Ken Rosenthal, Chris Rose (FOX, 3:55pm, 66%)

Minnesota Twins at Chicago White Sox - Joe Buck, Tim McCarver (FOX, 3:55pm, 19%)

Houston Astros at St. Louis Cardinals - Thom Brennaman, Mark Grace (FOX, 3:55pm, 14%)

Fox Saturday games are so f***ing useless, there's nothing National about them, you get to watch a bad Fox broadcast of a team in your area (or Sawx/Yanks) while they black out any other, more interesting Saturday day games that you may want to watch on Extra Innings. The Fox game of the week is evil.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Look at it as a day without having to listen to the Hawk

Hawk & Stone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Buck & McCarver

And if the Sox game goes bad early there's no other baseball to flip to since Fox has exclusive rights through 6 pm.

Brent Lillibridge newest White Sox leadoff hitter in shuffled lineup

By Dave van Dyck

With the Twins throwing left-hander Francisco Liriano Saturday, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen went with Brent Lillibridge as his latest leadoff hitter, the third in five games.

Lillibridge was penciled in as the second baseman, giving left-handed hitter Chris Getz a day off.

The move was one of several for the Sox, who were trying to break a three-game losing streak against their Central Division nemesis. Paul Konerko was the DH in place of leftt hitting Jim Thome and Wilson Betemit was at first base.

Also, Brian Anderson started in center field in place of Dewayne Wise and Corky Miller was catcher in place of A. J. Pierzynsk

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
AJ, getz, thome, and wise getting off today.... Lilbridge lead off, betemit plays first, konerko dh, corky behind the plate, and anderson in center

interesting, i could have done without corky

Isn't Betemit a terrible right handed hitter.

I know Guillen played and all but I think he blows the leftie / rightie thing really out of proprotion. Wise got his first hit of season against a leftie.

The twins line-up sucks right now for them to score 12 runs yestereday is really really sad.

It's f***ing retarded. Chris Getz even being a lefty stands a MUCH better chance against Liriano than the clueless Lillibridge. I love how managers just assume a young left handed hitter can't hit left handed pitching (his minor league splits be damned) so they don't get many ABs versus lefties early in their big league careers and never learn to hit big league lefties. Also good to see Ozzie misusing Betemit early, he's incapable of hitting left handed pitching, look for an 0-3 w/ 2 Ks out of him today.